This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
This healthy vegan trail mix is made with a combination of pretzels, rice cereal, nuts, and dried fruit with a hint of pumpkin pie spice. It’s a quick and easy snack you can enjoy throughout the autumn season and beyond.
The crisp temperatures, the sunny skies, and everything pumpkin and apples makes autumn my favorite season.
One of my families favorite fall activities is visiting the pumpkin patch. When I was a kid this was a simple activity in which we’d go to a local farm and choose one of the pumpkins they had laid out on their front lawn.
Nowadays, a visit to the pumpkin patch is so much more! The place we’ve gone the last few years is a beautiful farm located on one of the back roads in the country not too far from our home.
Of course they have pumpkins and gourds to choose from, but they also have a corn maze, a mountain of hay for the kids to climb, hayrides, a large pool of corn kernels for the kids to swim in and so much more!
Fall Fun Requires Healthy Snacks!
A simple trip to the pumpkin patch has turned into an all day activity, and when you’re out of the house for hours and hours running off energy, you need to bring some snacks!
I call this my Autumn Harvest Vegan Trail Mix. I make a big batch of this trail mix nearly every week during the fall season.
The kids snack on it throughout the week, and it makes a great grab and go snack for those long days enjoying the fall harvest fun!
It also makes for a healthy plant-based vegan snack for your Halloween party, or school celebration!
It’s a healthy nutrient rich snack with whole grain pretzels, and Chex rice cereal for energy, cashews and almonds for healthy fats and protein, and golden raisins, dried apricot, and cranberries, for natural sweetness.
Why you’ll love the vegan trail mix…
- No sugar added vegan snack recipe!
- Healthy whole grains
- Naturally sweet
- Full of festive fall harvest colors
- No cooking required
- Takes less than 5 minutes to make
- Makes a large batch that will last all week
Ingredients You Need
- Whole wheat pretzels
- Rice Chex cereal
- Raw almonds
- Raw cashews
- Golden raisins
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apricots
- Pumpkin spice mix
How to Make this Autumn Harvest Vegan Trail Mix
Step 1: Dice dried apricots into small pieces.
Step 2: Combine pretzels, Chex cereal, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Toss together.
Step 3: Add golden raisins, apricot pieces, and cranberries to the mix. Toss together. Enjoy!
Dried Fruit-Add any dried fruit you like best. Some suggestions include dried and diced apple slices, blueberries, pineapple pieces, or mango. When choosing dried fruit look for brands that have no sugar added. Most dried fruit have hidden sugar!
Nuts-Use different types of nuts, or leave them out all together if you have an allergy.. Peanuts, pecans, slivered almonds, macadamia, or hazelnuts make great options. If leaving the nuts out sub for pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds, or corn nuts!
Gluten-Free Option-Use spelt flour pretzels to make this trail mix gluten-free.
Top Tips for Making this Autumn Harvest Vegan Trail Mix
- Use organic whole grain pretzels, or spelt pretzels for a gluten-free option.
- Dried fruit can be high in sugar. Check the labels of the dried fruit you purchase to ensure they do not have added sugar. See suggestions above in the ingredients list.
- Store in an air tight container in a dry location, such as your pantry. A zip-lock bag, or sealed canister work great!
- This trail mix is best if eaten between 1-2 weeks, but it will last longer if kept in a cool, dry air tight container.
- Want to learn more about how to create the best trail mix at home? Check out the Healthy Maven’s article about How to Build a Healthy Trail Mix!
Check out these other healthy vegan Halloween and autumn party recipes!
- Pumpkin Fruit Tray
- Pumpkin Veggie Tray
- Candy Corn Fruit Parfait
- Graveyard Pudding Cups
- Vegan Halloween Cupcakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- 27 Vegan Halloween Recipes
- Healthy Vegan Halloween Rice Cake Snacks
Vegan Trail Mix
- 1 cup pretzels whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1 cup Chex rice cereal
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricot diced
- 1/4 cups dried cranberries sugar free
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dice dried apricots into small pieces.
- Combine pretzels, rice cereal, almonds, and cashews in large bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Toss together.
- Add golden raisins, apricot pieces, and cranberries to the mix. Toss together. Enjoy!
- Use organic whole grain pretzels, and organic rice cereal if possible. Look for brands that are Non-GMO.
- A lot of dried fruit can be high in sugar. Check the labels of the dried fruit you purchase to ensure they do not have added sugar. See suggestions above in the ingredients list.
- Store in an air tight container in a dry location, such as your pantry.
- Trail mix will be best if eaten between 1-2 weeks, but will last longer.