This healthy vegan trail mix is made with pretzels, rice cereal, nuts, and dried fruit with a hint of pumpkin pie spice. It’s a quick and easy snack you can enjoy throughout the autumn season and beyond.
The crisp temperatures, the sunny skies, and everything pumpkin and apple make autumn my favorite season.
One of my family’s favorite fall activities is visiting the pumpkin patch. When I was a kid, this was a simple activity: we’d go to a local farm and choose one of the pumpkins they had laid out on their front lawn.
Nowadays, a visit to the pumpkin patch is so much more! The place we’ve gone to the last few years is a beautiful farm located on one of the back roads in the country, not too far from our home.
Of course, they have pumpkins and gourds to choose from, but they also have a corn maze, a mountain of hay for the kids to climb, hayrides, a large pool of corn kernels to swim in, and so much more!
If you’re looking for more vegan autumn recipes, be sure to check out these recipes!
- Pumpkin Fruit Tray
- Pumpkin Veggie Tray
- Candy Corn Fruit Parfait
- Graveyard Pudding Cups
- Vegan Halloween Cupcakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- 27 Vegan Halloween Recipes
- Healthy Vegan Halloween Rice Cake Snacks
A simple trip to the pumpkin patch has turned into an all-day activity, and when you’re out of the house for hours and hours running off energy, you need to bring some snacks!
I call this my Autumn Harvest Vegan Trail Mix. I make a big batch of this trail mix nearly weekly during the fall season.
The kids snack on it throughout the week, and it makes a great grab-and-go snack for those long days enjoying the fall harvest fun!
It also makes for a healthy plant-based vegan snack for your Halloween party or school celebration!
It’s a healthy, nutrient-rich snack with whole grain pretzels, Chex rice cereal for energy, cashews and almonds for healthy fats and protein, and golden raisins, dried apricot, and cranberries for natural sweetness.
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Trail Mix
- No sugar-added vegan snack recipe!
- Healthy whole grains
- Naturally sweet
- Full of festive fall harvest colors
- No cooking required
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make
- Makes a large batch that will last all week
Ingredients You Need
- Whole wheat pretzels
- Rice Chex cereal
- Raw almonds
- Raw cashews
- Golden raisins
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apricots
- Pumpkin spice mix
How to Make this Vegan Trail Mix
Step 1: Dice dried apricots into small pieces.
Step 2: Combine pretzels, Chex cereal, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Toss together.
Step 3: Add golden raisins, apricot pieces, and cranberries. Toss together. Enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions
Dried Fruit-Add any dried fruit you like best, such as dried cherries or blueberries. Some suggestions include dried and diced apple slices, blueberries, pineapple pieces, or mango. When choosing dried fruit, look for brands that have no sugar added. Most dried fruit have hidden sugar!
Nuts-Use different types of nuts, such as walnuts, or leave them out altogether if you have an allergy. Walnuts, peanuts, pecans, slivered almonds, macadamia, Brazil nuts, pistachios, or hazelnuts make great options. Try to use raw nuts if possible. If leaving the nuts out, sub for pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, or corn nuts!
Something Sweet: Add something sweet and decadent, like vegan chocolate chips.
Gluten-Free Option-Use spelt flour pretzels to make this trail mix gluten-free.
Top Tips for Making this Autumn Harvest Vegan Trail Mix
- Use organic whole-grain pretzels or spelt pretzels for a gluten-free option.
- Dried fruit can be high in sugar. Check the labels of the dried fruit you purchase to ensure they do not have added sugar. See the suggestions above in the ingredients list.
- Store in an airtight container in a dry location, such as your pantry. A zip-lock bag or sealed canister works great!
- This trail mix is best if eaten between 1-2 weeks, but it will last longer if kept in a cool, dry airtight container.
More Vegan Snacks!
If you made this recipe, please comment below and leave a ⭐️ rating. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more family-friendly vegan recipes!
Vegan Trail Mix
- Sealable Container for storage
- 1 cup pretzels whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1 cup Chex rice cereal
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dried apricot diced
- ¼ cups dried cranberries sugar free
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dice dried apricots into small pieces.
- Combine pretzels, rice cereal, almonds, and cashews in large bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Toss together.
- Add golden raisins, apricot pieces, and cranberries to the mix. Toss together. Enjoy!
- Use organic whole-grain pretzels and organic rice cereal if possible. Look for brands that are Non-GMO.
- A lot of dried fruit can be high in sugar. Check the labels of the dried fruit you purchase to ensure they do not have added sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in a dry location, such as your pantry.
- Trail mix will be best if eaten between 1-2 weeks, but it will last longer.
This recipe sounds so easy and I love all of these ingredients! Definitely making!!
Oh wow – pumpkin pie spice in trail mix is a game changer! Yum.
I’ve got to get my jar ready and find the biggest bowl in the kitchen, too – this mix is absolutely incredible!
I know is not fall yet here but this recipe is prefect for camping too! So easy to make and delicious. Thank you!
This a great idea for a back to school snack idea, I love that you add the pumpkin spice. I’m definitely going to give this a try.