Follow these quick and easy tips to create crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries! They are effortless and come out perfect every time!
My family loves French Fries.
But making homemade crispy fries as often as they want to consume them is too much effort! That’s when i rely on using my air fryer to create golden brown, crispy French fries, using the store bought frozen variety. They come out perfect every time!
There’s not a lot to this air fryer French fries recipe. If you’re looking for something more fresh and try my homemade fries: Air Fryer Potato Wedges. They are always a big hit too!
But if you’re looking for a quick side dish that’s easy, and requires only 2 ingredients, then Frozen French Fries in the Air Fryer is the best way to go!
This ultimate guide to cooking crispy French fries in the air fryer will help you create everyone’s favorite side dish in no time flat!
Different Brands of Frozen French Fries
I’m choosy when it comes to packaged food and that goes for frozen French Fries too. Not all packaged fries are created equal.
If you’ve ever turned a package over and compared ingredients from one to the other, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Take a close look at the ingredients. Many brands have added preservatives, and ingredients that are totally unnecessary. Look for a brand that is…
- No Processed Ingredients
These are my top brands you can find at your local grocery store, or Whole Foods Market.
I like the Alexia brand of fries the best. They are available in most grocery stores. They have shoestring fries, tater tots, sweet potato fries, and more.
They are Organic, Non-GMO, and contain only a few ingredients (potatoes, oil, apple juice (for color), and citric acid.
While they have added apple juice and citric acid, these are two natural ingredients, unlike the added ingredients in other brands that are anything but natural!
Why You’ll Love these Air Fryer Frozen Fries…
- Easy side dish
- No extra ingredients needed!
- Get the best frozen fries that are perfectly crispy!
- Less expensive and healthier than fast food fries!
- No deep fryer needed!
- No extra oil needed!
Ingredients You Need
All you need is your favorite Organic Frozen French Fries and quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Below are my top three frozen French Fry choices.
Best Air Fryer Recommendations
The only tool you really need is good Air Fryer. There are so many choices on the market. Below are two of my favorites!
Ninja Air Fryer: The Ninja Foodi can do it all! If you’re looking for a small appliace that has more than one function, this is your best bet. Not only does the Ninja air fry, but it can also roast, bake, dehydrate, and grill! It has a nice size basket and creates super crispy steak fries!
Instant Pot/Air Fryer: If you want an appliance that can air fry and serve as an instant pot, try the
Dash Air Fryer: A compact air fryer perfect for small batch recipes
Go Wise 5.8 Qt Air Fryer: Simple to use, with a large basket, and several pre-set buttons.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries – Step by Step
Step 1: Lightly spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray or gently rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil around the basket. You don’t need a lot, just a light layer.
Step 2: Fill the basket with French fries. Don’t overcrowd the basket. You don’t need to place them in the air fryer in a single layer the way you do with many other air fryer recipes, but you also don’t want to overfill the basket.
You want enough space to allow the hot air to circulate and crisp the fries perfectly on all sides. If your basket is large enough, you may be able to add the whole bag of fries.
Step 3: Set Air Fryer temperature to 400 F. Depending on the thickness of your fries you will need to vary the cooking time.
How long do you cook Air Fryer Frozen French Fries?
For best results follow the below cooking times for the type of frozen fries you are using. Cooking times vary depending on crispiness and thickness.
Shoestring Fries: 10-15 minutes, tossing halfway (seen below.)
Crinkle Fries: 15 minutes, tossing halfway.
Waffle Fries: 15 minutes, tossing halfway.
Top Tips for Making Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- Spray a light amount of olive oil cooking spray in the basket before adding fries.
- Adjust cooking time based on thickness of your fries. Shoestring will need less time than crinkle fries.
Do you add oil to Air Fryer Frozen French Fries?
For the crispiest fries I recommend lightly spraying the cooking basket with cooking spray, or rubbing a teaspoon of oil around the basket.
Spice it Up
Cayenne Pepper: Give these air fryer fries a kick by tossing them in ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Onion Powder and Garlic Powder: Sprinkle with a bit of onion and garlic powder, and give it a toss before adding to the basket.
How to Serve
A must with French Fries is alway ketchup! Look for a brand that is organic, has simple ingredients, and a natural sweetener. I like Sir Kensington’s Classic Ketchup.
These would also taste great dipped in my homemade Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce.
Check Out these Other Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air Fryer Carrots
If you’ve tried these Air Fryer Frozen French Fries, please rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more plant-based vegan family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 16 oz bag of Frozen French Fries organic, Non-GMO preferred
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking spray
- Using a paper towel, spread the olive oil around the air fryer basket, or lightly spray the basket with cooking spray. I prefer using olive oil spray. You don't need a lot, just a light layer.
- Fill the basket with french fries. Don't overcrowd the basket. You don't need to place them in the air fryer in a single layer the way you do with many other air fryer recipes, but you also don't want to cram them in there. A few overlapping fries is okay, but keeping them as close to a single layer will allow the air to circulate and crisp the fries perfectly on all sides.
- Set Air Fryer temperature to 400 F. Depending on the thickness of your fries you will need to vary the cooking time. Shoestring Fries: 10-15 minutes, tossing halfway. Crinkle Fries: 15 minutes, tossing halfway. Waffle Fries: 15 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- Spray a light amount of olive oil cooking spray to the basket before adding fries.
- Adjust cooking time based on the thickness of your fries. Shoestring will need less time than crinkle fries.