Who is Alison Corey?
I’m Alison Corey, the creator and recipe developer behind Keeping the Peas. I started this blog in 2019 after completing my Health Coaching Certification from the Mayo Clinic. My goal was to share the plant-based recipes I was creating for my non-vegan family members in the hopes of helping other families eat more plants. Since then, Keeping the Peas has grown into a vegan food blog sharing healthy plant-forward recipes and tips for living a vegan lifestyle.
Originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan, I now live in Washington, DC, with my husband and two boys. I spend my evenings and weekends cooking a wide variety of kid-friendly vegan recipes with my boys in our newly renovated kitchen.
Keeping the Peas is your go-to place for healthy plant-based vegan recipes that will be embraced by every type of eater, from the non-vegan skeptic to picky kids.
- I have Bachelor’s Degree in Writing from Denison University and a Master’s Degree in Education from California Lutheran University.
- Before becoming a full-time blogger, I was in education for 15 years.
- I am a Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach trained at the Mayo Clinic.
- I have created hundreds of vegan recipes using high-quality natural ingredients. I know how to turn a non-vegan recipe into something that is not only vegan-friendly but even more delicious than the original.
- My recipes have been featured in All Recipes, Yahoo!, BuzzFeed, Happy Cow, Huffington Post, Parade, One Green Planet, Tasty, Spoon University, and MORE!
What You’ll Find On Keeping the Peas
With hundreds of vegan recipes, lifestyle tips, and inspiration, Keeping the Peas is your go-to resource for simple vegan recipes created for newbie vegans and veterans alike. If you are looking for healthy plant-based recipes that are both delicious and easy to make, you’ve come to the right spot! You’ll find vegan main dishes, desserts, and special recipes for your favorite holidays!
Would you like more recipes, tips, and inspiration? I offer numerous free resources, including a printable vegan grocery list and an email course 5 Tips to Easy Vegan Recipes. I also have an e-book, 30 Simple Vegan Recipes, and a Vegan Meal Planner App to help you simplify meal planning and preparation.
Fun Facts About Alison!
- I became vegetarian at age 15, but it wasn’t until I was in my 30’s that I became vegan.
- I love to exercise, and have to move every single day. I alternate between yoga and running/weight-lifting.
- My mom is my inspiration behind all of my recipes. She was an amazing home cook, and taught me everything I know!
- While my family are non-vegans, they eat everything I make, and are my most discerning critics.
- If I’m not in the kitchen, you’ll find me curled up on the couch with a good book. I love to read everything from the latest vegan cookbooks to a good historical fiction novel.
- If you ask me what my favorite food is, I’ll say kale, but it’s really chocolate!
Join me on Instagram for my most recent recipe creations, videos, and a behind the scenes look at Keeping the Peas. I also share my recipes on Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok. Join my Facebook Group for daily support and mouth-watering recipes.
Don’t miss a recipe! Join the Keeping the Peas email list, and receive weekly recipe inspiration!
Let’s Work Together!
You can reach me via email if you have a question at email@example.com.
I love to work with brands that align with my values and bring value to my audience. If you are a brand interested in working with me, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get started!