This creamy Vegan Avocado Dressing is quick, easy! With only 6 simple ingredients, and 5 minutes, you’ll have a healthy oil-free whole food plant-based dressing for your favorite salads or Buddha bowls!
When I first become whole food plant-based I found it challenging to find a store bought salad dressing that was oil-free. In fact, I still have not found one, so if you know of a good one comment below and let me know about it!
As a result I often ate my salads plain. I didn’t mind it so much since I always put a very light amount of dressing on my salads in the past, but after awhile I felt like my salads were lacking.
I started experimenting with oil-free vegan salad dressing recipes and came up with a few favorites including my Vegan Honey Mustard, and Vegan Tahini Dressing.
This Vegan Avocado Dressing was created on the fly out of necessity when I invited my extended family over for Sunday dinner. I made a quick and easy Southwest Salad to serve along my Butternut Squash Chili when I realized, I didn’t have a dressing!
Using ingredients I had on hand, I created this creamy oil-free vegan avocado dressing in minutes. Along with the Southwest Salad it got rave reviews! I think it will become one of your new favorites too!
Why You’ll Love this Dressing…
- 6 simple ingredients
- 5 minutes to make
- Slightly spicy
- Perfect for Buddha Bowls or Salads
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
Be sure to use a ripe avocado. If you have a small avocado you might want to use instead of one.
Equipment You’ll Need
I made this dressing smooth and creamy using my high speed blender. I have a Vitamix (affiliate link) which I LOVE! It creates such a nice creamy texture, but you can also whip this dressing up using a food processor or other type of high speed blender.
How to Make Vegan Avocado Dressing – Step by Step
Step 1: In a high speed blender or food processor add peeled and ripened avocado.
Step 2: Squeeze the juice of 1 lime, and add to blender.
Step 3: Add almond milk, minced garlic clove, salt, and cayenne pepper. Blend on medium speed until smooth.
Step 4: Transfer to a glass container. Top with a touch of black pepper.
Is this Avocado Dressing healthy?
- Oil-Free-Unlike most dressings, this one is oil-free. Reducing overall fat and calories.
- Healthy Fats-Avocados are high in fat but they contain the “good” fats like omega-3 fatty acids that tell your brain you’re full and stop you from overeating.
- High in Vitamins and Nutrients-Avocados are a nutrient dense food. Enjoying recipes with avocados means you’ll also get nutrients including vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, and potassium, niacin, folate, magnesium and more!
Tips and Variations
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Dressing will keep for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy as a dip with these Air Fryer Potato Wedges, or on top of your favorite salad, or buddha bowls!
- Increase or decrease cayenne pepper for your level of spiciness.
- Substitute any unsweetened dairy free milk for almond milk.
A Versatile Dressing
What I love about this dressing, aside from how simple and easy it is to make, is how it can be used to flavor so many different dishes.
It’s fast becoming my go-to dipping sauce. After creating the base of the dressing using the avocado, almond milk, and lime juice, you can add your favorite spices to flavor it the way that you like best.
This dressing would pair nicely with chili powder for a southwest spicy flavor, or add garlic powder, or paprika for a smoky flavor.
How to Serve
Serve chilled. Drizzle on top of salad or buddha bowl and toss lightly to coat. If using as a dip for fries, crisps, or veggies sticks, serve in small bowl. Top with fresh ground black pepper or a sprinkle of cayenne.
Looking for more Avocado Recipes? Give these a try!
If you’ve tried this Vegan Vegan Avocado Dressing, please rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more vegan plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
Vegan Avocado Dressing | Oil Free
- 1 avocado medium
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- juice of 1 lime about ¼ cup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a high speed blender or food processor add peeled and ripened avocado.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime, and add to blender.
- Add almond milk, minced garlic clove, salt, and cayenne pepper. Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass container. Top with a touch of black pepper.
Would oatmilk work as a sub for almond milk?
Yes, oat milk will work too.
Any problem with substituting 1 or 2% milk for the almond milk?
No, it should not be a problem.
Look forward to making this again with all of the works!! I am doing a raw fruit and veggie cleanse so I used water instead of milk and no salt or pepper. It came out great!! I can only imagine that it would taste better with the seasonings and almond milk! Thank you!
So simple. All ingredients regularly on hand. Quick to make and so delicious. I made it on Sunday afternoon for weekday meal prep for salads and quinoa bowls and I had a hard time stopping myself from eating it all in one go! Double batch next time. Thank you!
The dressing was delicious! I have a lot of avocados I need to use. Can I make this and freeze it??
Yes, you can freeze it!
Great! I’ll get right on that!! Thanks again!
So I definitely need to have this in my fridge as a staple! Such an amazing way to get some awesome nutrients and so easy!
A must-have recipe for all avocado lovers – delicious, colorful and with just the right texture. Yum!
Just made this to have over my buddha bowl for lunch! It’s AMAZING!
This is such a perfect dressing for salad! I love that it is perfectly creamy, thanks for the great recipe!
I LOVE avocado! I can’t wait to try this out, and top it on so many different recipes.. looks so delicious!