This easy Christmas Fruit Platter is arranged to look like a holiday wreath. With grapes for greenery, sliced oranges with a raspberry in the middle to look like flowers, and dotted with fresh strawberries, this festive and healthy platter will be enjoyed by all!
This Christmas Fruit Platter is a no-guilt, healthy, delicious, and beautiful appetizer or dessert. On a holiday table filled with cheese puffs, cookies, fudge, and more, this holiday fruit Christmas wreath is a welcoming reprieve.
It’s also fabulous for those who are vegan, gluten-free, or dairy free. Just about anyone and everyone can enjoy this holiday platter. The kids will love it too!
With a creamy dairy-free vanilla dipping sauce it makes a light dessert after a heavy holiday meal!
💗 Why You’ll Love This Christmas Fruit Platter
- Easy to assemble
- Beautiful and festive
- Allergy Friendly
- Healthy and delicious!
🥣 Ingredients and Notes
Green Grapes: Arranged around a circular platter to resemble the greenery of a holiday wreath.
Navel Oranges: Cut into eight slices then opened up to resemble a flower.
Raspberries: Place in the center of the oranges to look like the center of a flower.
Strawberries: Arrange on top of the grapes to add a bit of red for a holiday look.
Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt: Place in the center of the circular tray as a dipping sauce for the fruit. I use soy-based yogurt, but you could also use almond milk yogurt or a dipping sauce of your choice.
📋 Step-by-Step Instructions
Step 1: Cut 4 oranges into 8 slices without cutting all the way through to the bottom. this will help hold the orange slices together.
Step 2: Arrange the oranges around the platter. Wash grapes and remove them from the stems. Place the grapes between the oranges. The grapes will help hold the oranges in place.
Step 3: Place a raspberry in the center of each orange. Place strawberries on top of the grapes.
Step 4: Add a dairy-free vanilla yogurt to the center. Dip fruit and enjoy!
The key to a beautiful fruit tray for the holidays is using fruit that has the colors of the season, as well as fruits that are readily available during the winter months. Oranges are in season and look beautiful. You could even use blood oranges that have a bright pinkish-red center for even more of a holiday look. When it comes to greenery use any type of fruit that is the color green. Grapes are easily available. Add some sprigs of rosemary around your fruit tray to resemble branches of a pine tree. Starfruit is another great addition.
Serve as an appetizer at your holiday party. Or serve as a light dessert after your holiday meal. You could also serve this along a vegan cheese platter. It makes a fun and easy holiday treat to make with the kids!
If you have leftovers, I suggest disassembling the fruit tray and storing each fruit separately. That way the strawberries don’t turn the grapes red, and the raspberries don’t become soft and mushy. The fruit will keep for 1-2 days depending on the freshness of the fruit you buy.
You can prep this fruit tray in advance. You can cut the fruit a few hours in advance. Cover with saran wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Christmas Tree Arrangement: Instead of arranging the fruit to look like a wreath, arrange the fruit to resemble a Christmas tree using a Christmas tree-shaped tray. Place starfruit at the top of the tree, and use pretzel rods for the tree trunk. You could also use a small star cookie cutter to place pineapple slices around the tree for decoration. Use pomegranate seeds as small ornaments, and sprigs of mint for greenery.
💭 Expert Tips
- Use large green grapes. They are perfect for dipping.
- When cutting the oranges be sure not to cut them all the way through, but do slice evenly and almost to the bottom center. That way when people come to grab a slice they can easily tear it off.
- Feel free to add different fruit-Instead of grapes try using sliced kiwi, green apples, or a combination of grapes, green apples, and kiwi.
- Try a different dipping sauce-Use almond milk or soy milk vanilla yogurt. Or you could add a vegan coconut whipped cream to the center for dipping.
🎄 More Holiday Recipes!
If you made this recipe, please comment below and leave a ⭐️ rating. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more family-friendly vegan recipes!
Christmas Fruit Platter
- 2 lbs green grapes
- 4 oranges
- 4 strawberries
- 4 raspberries
- 8 oz dairy free vanilla yogurt
- Cut 4 oranges into 8 slices without cutting all the way through to the bottom. this will help hold the orange slices together.
- Arrange the oranges around the platter. Wash grapes and remove from stems. Place grapes between the oranges. The grapes will help hold the oranges in place.
- Place a raspberry in the center of each orange. Place strawberries on top of the grapes.
- Add dairy-free vanilla yogurt to the center. Dip fruit and enjoy!
- Use large green grapes. They are perfect for dipping.
- When cutting the oranges be sure not to cut them all the way through. That way when people come to grab a slice they can easily tear it off.
- Store in the refrigerator covered for 1-2 days.
This is such a fun idea for holidays! Plus, I just love that it is a healthier option. 🙂
What a fun and festive treat for the holidays! I love how you displayed the oranges. Definitely need something a little healthy too!
Simple and festive! Love this for holiday time. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry
Love this idea for a platter – so healthy and delicious! Will definitely put this together for our festive celebrations.
This is such a fun and cute idea. I can’t wait for the holidays to come around to try this.