These Asian Vegan Recipes are SO good, yet healthy and easy to make at home! You’ll find your favorite Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Japanese recipes, as well as some tips and tricks to make cooking authentic Asian cuisine at home without any fuss!
I absolutely love Asian food! When my husband and I have a date night, we almost always end up going to a Korean, or Japanese restaurant.
When we’re in the mood for take-out my husband reaches for the Chinese and Thai menus.
The seasoning and spices used in Asian cuisine are just so pleasing to my taste buds! Sticky sesame cauliflower is one of my favorite things! Or garlic sesame noodles make for an easy meal to prepare anytime!
My boys are crazy for lo mein noodles with red peppers, and other assorted vegetables.
The challenge is that many restaurants add way too much oil, MSG, salt, and other unwanted ingredients, that make these recipes quite heavy.
Not only that, but there aren’t always a ton of vegan or vegetarian recipes on the menu!
Well, no worries now! I’ve got you covered with these fabulous Asian inspired vegan recipes from some of my favorite bloggers! These recipes make for easy vegan meal prep too!
They are healthier than take-out, easy to make at home, and bring all the satisfying flavor you love from your favorite restaurants!
If you are on the hunt for an easy recipe for the weeknight, then you’ve come to the right place!
What types of Asian cuisine are included?
Whatever your favorite cuisine, you’re sure to find it!
- Korean-Main dishes are often made up of rice, accompanied by an assortment of vegetables, and sometimes tofu. They are served with an array of side dishes, and incorporate many fermented foods such as kimchi.
- Japanese-This cuisine is also based on rice as the key component of it’s meals, but also includes noodles like udon or soba. Main dishes are often served with miso soup, a light salad, and protein. Soy plays a large role in Japanese cuisine. It’s used to flavor dishes, served as an appetizer, and a sauce.
- Chinese-Depending on the area of China, the cuisine and dishes vary. However, overall, Chinese cuisine is known for its rich flavors, aromas, and taste. Dishes are often made with garlic, chili, and ginger. Recipes are commonly cooked in a wok to create a stir-fry, with a combination of flavors, vegetables, and proteins that are served with rice.
- Thai-When preparing a Thai dish, you will find flavors that include salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and spicy. Each dish is meant to be a balance of all four flavors. Meals consist of vegetables, noodles or rice, a protein, and sometimes an accompanying soup.
What kinds of dishes are included?
You will find a variety of dishes. Here is a list of vegan Asian recipes you will find here.
- Noodles-A staple in numerous Asian cuisines, you’ll find a variety of noodle dishes that include ramen, rice noodles, udon, or soba noodles.
- Soups and Hot Pots-These dishes are sometimes served as a main meal, or as an accompaniment, such as miso soup in Japanese cuisine, or wonton soup in Chinese Cuisine. Hot pots are served at almost a boiling temperature and shared as a main course.
- Stir-Fries-A combination of spices, vegetables, and plant-protein create hearty, healthy and delicious meals.
- Spring Rolls-Served as an appetizer or side dish, these recipes often include rice paper, filled with fresh vegetables, and a spicy peanut dipping sauce.
- Rice Dishes-Most Asian recipes are accompanied by rice, but sometimes it can also be the main event, in recipes such as fried rice with also include vegetables, spices, and protein.
- Buns-Bun recipes include a fluffy white bun filled with spiced vegetables, and protein.
- Vegetable Dishes-Often served as a side or small plate like in Korean cuisine.
- Curries-A combination of rich spices, simmered with assorted vegetables, and protein, and served on top of rice.
- Savory Pancakes-Made with vegetables and spices, in a simple batter and fried.
- Salads-This includes chopped salads, slaws, and simple side salads, that are served along with main dishes.
The Most Essential Ingredients in Vegan Asian Recipes to Have On Hand
When it comes to preparing your own vegan Asian recipes at home, it’s essential to have a few ingredients on hand. This will make it so much easier to create a delicious meal in no time at all.
The great thing is, many of the spices, and condiments used in Asian cuisine, will last you a long time. So once you buy it for the first time, you’ll start building a collection of go-to ingredients that will create big flavors in your favorite recipes!
Sauces and Spices:
- Light Soy Sauce: You can also opt for regular soy sauce, but I go with light to reduce the overall salt.
- Sesame Oil: This oil is the signature oil used in Asian cuisine. It brings a lot of flavor to dishes.
- Shaoxing Wine: This is a type of Chinese rice wine. It’s used in marinades and sauces.
- Hoisin sauce: Used often in Chinese cuisine it is used to make sauces and flavor stir-fries.
- Cornstarch: This is used to help thicken sauces.
- White Pepper: Used in place of black pepper to add extra spice.
- Chili Powder: Most Asian dishes have a bit of chili flavor added, so you don’t want to skip this one!
- Sesame Seeds: Sprinkled on top of vegetables, stir-fries, and rice for added seasoning, and also a beautiful finish!
- Rice Vinegar: Frequently used in Japanese cuisine, it is added to sushi rice, and other rice dishes.
- Chili Paste: Used in Korean dishes, as well as other Asian recipes, this brings a bold flavor and spice.
- Miso: Added to Japanese recipes, miso is made from soy beans, it brings a bit of saltiness to recipes.
- Gochujang: The signature sauce in Korean bibimbap, and other dishes, it’s a bit spicy, and a bit sweet!
- Garlic: Keep fresh garlic cloves, or jarred minced garlic on hand.
- Scallions or Green Onions: Used often in stir-fries, and to top other dishes, it adds a fresh element.
- Ginger: Sweet and spicy at the same time, ginger adds a rich flavor to curries, and stir-fries.
- Boy Choy: A fresh green cabbage like vegetable, that is added in many recipes.
Grains and Noodles:
- Brown Rice: When cooking I prefer to use brown rice for the health benefits, and higher fiber, although it is not the most common rice served in Asian cuisine.
- White Rice: This is the rice that is most popular to serve with the main course.
- Rice Noodles: You can by them thick or thin, add them to soups, or create a simple noodle dish.
- Soba Noodles: Made from buckwheat flour these noodles are a bit heavier in texture than rice noodles and used in Japanese dishes.
Kitchen Tools to Have on Hand
- Wok: A good wok will take you far. It is used in all stir-fry recipes at high heat, and helps to sauté the vegetables, sauces, and protein to create a delicious melding of flavors.
- Rice Cooker: If you plan to make a lot of rice, having a rice cooker is a good idea. Get perfectly cooked rice in no at all! Now many Instant Pots also double as a rice cooker!
- Steamer: This is excellent to have on hand for steamed buns, dumplings, etc.
Asian Vegan Noodle Recipes
Let’s start with some noodle recipes! Noodles are an essential ingredient in Asian cuisine. They are often paired with vegetables, and a protein, in a rich and flavorful sauce. They are warm, comforting, and super simple to prepare for an easy main dish dinner!
Thai Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl by Sharon Palmer
This easy, under-30 minute, vegan, gluten-free tofu veggie noodle bowl boasts a rich Thai flavor profile, with hearty additions of red curry, coconut, and peanut butter.
Vegan Dan Dan Noodles by The Veg Connection
This vegan version of a Sichuan takeout legend keeps all the spice and savory goodness of dan dan noodles while using a plant based meat substitute. Easy to make at home with easy-to-find ingredients make this a perfect copycat recipe. A great recipe to make to celebrate the Chinese New year!
Homemade Vegan Ramen by Be Plant Well
This homemade vegan ramen is so delicious and comforting, filled with flavors like peanut, sesame, curry and creamy coconut milk!
Veg Chow Mein by Green Bowl 2 Soul
Veg Chow Mein is a very tasty and popular stir-fried vegetable noodle dish from China. It’s also one of the most popular street foods in India and a lot of other countries.
Chili Garlic Chinese Noodles by Profusion Curry
Chili Garlic Chinese Noodles are as good as your takeout noodles but so easy to make at home. Crunchy vegetables, flavorful tofu, al Dante noodles and aromatic savory sauce !! Perfect Asian weeknight meal under 20 minutes.
Raw Vegan Pad Thai by Nutritiously
Move over boring green salads, it’s time to devour this delicious raw vegan pad Thai with crunchy veggies, creamy sauce and flavorful toppings.This beautiful salad bowl is loaded with colorful spiralized vegetables, offering a refreshing and low carb “noodle” experience sans the grains.
Ramen Noodles Stir-Fry by Budget Delicious
Enjoy Asian comfort food at home with this quick-cooking 10 Minute Ramen Noodles Stir Fry. This vegetarian dish cooks quickly but is packed with flavor, and it’s easily customizable.
Easy Vegan Pad Thai by The Petite Cook
Bursting with vibrant Thai flavors, this is probably the easiest Vegan Pad Thai ever! Ready in less than 30 minutes, naturally gluten-free and easy to customize with your favorite veggies.
Japanese Yaki Soba by Frugal Nutrition
This vegan recipe for Japanese Yakisoba aka, Japanese stir fry is flavorful, versatile, and packed with a rainbow of nutritious vegetables! Serve up an authentic Japanese dish in just 20 minutes any night of the week.
10 Minute Thai Noodle Soup by Hungry Healthy Happy
All the light and fragrant flavors of Thai cuisine in a comforting bowl of noodles with slightly spicy broth. This 10 Minute Thai Noodle Soup is a big bowl of comfort, but comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy and this bowl is packed with goodness, and really easy to adapt.
Easy Vegan Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) By Happy Kitchen
Vegan Pho (Phở) is an easier and healthier version of the traditional Vietnamese noodle soup. This nourishing and flavorful gluten-free and fat-free soup is perfect for any season!
Spinach Peanut Butter Noodles
Soy sauce noodles in a creamy spinach peanut butter sauce, a quick, healthy dish ready in no time.
Cold Soba Noodle Salad by This Wife Cooks
This light and easy soba noodle salad dish is simple to make and brimming with flavor
Asian Vegan Recipes: Stir-Fry
Stir-fries are a a complete meal! Seasoned vegetables and protein, are sautéd in a wok with a variety of seasoning and spices, and served over rice! When you have the staple ingredients on hand, creating a stir-fry is a simple recipe for a weeknight meal that can serve a lot of people!
Broccoli Mushroom Stir Fry by Know Your Produce
This Broccoli Mushroom Stir Fry is a delicious vegan side dish. You could make it for dinner by adding tofu, chickpeas, or even tempeh!
Spicy Stir-Fried Szechuan Eggplant by Quite Good Food
Tender Szechuan style eggplant stir fried and coated in a finger licking spicy sauce.
Kung Pao Tofu by Profusion Curry
Restaurant Style Kung Pao Tofu is very easy to make at home. I am confident this Vegan Kung Pao Tofu recipe will be one of the best Chinese food you have ever made.
Easy Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry with Pumpkin and Tofu by Nutriously
This delicious healthy Thai vegetable stir fry with pumpkin and tofu is ready in less than 30 minutes and completely whole food plant-based! Easily customizable, this gluten-free weeknight dinner is great for beginners and really comforting.
Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables by Carmyy
This simple Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables is packed with flavor and the perfect plant-based dinner or meal prep.
Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts by The Globe Trotter
Kung pao brussels sprouts are a quick, easy, and delicious appetizer or side dish that is vegan, and packed full of sweet, spicy, umami flavor.
Crispy Vegan Orange Tofu by Be Plant Well
This crispy vegan orange tofu is so simple to make, low-oil and made with just a few natural ingredients – so much cheaper and tastier than take out!
Sheet Pan Edamame by I Heart Vegetables
This sheet pan edamame with vegetables has all your favorite stir fry flavors, but it’s made in the oven! It’s a high protein recipe that is completely plant-based!
Asian Vegan Recipes: Rice Dishes
Many vegan Asian recipes are served alongside rice, these dishes incorporate rice and other proteins and vegetables to create a well-balanced meal.
Vegan BibimBap by Keeping the Peas
This colorful and flavorful vegan bibimbap is a take on the classic Korean dish! It is a combination of fresh vegetables, marinated baked tofu, brown rice, and topped with a spicy and sweet sauce. It’s a delicious way to eat the rainbow!
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice by Keeping the Peas
A simple weeknight dinner, vegan pineapple fried rice is easier than take-out! Brown rice, peas, carrots, and pineapple are sautéd in a spicy sauce, and topped with fresh scallions! It’s a complete meal in one pan!
Thai Coconut Curry Rice by Everyday Easy Eats
This Thai Coconut Curry Rice recipe is spicy, satisfying, and perfect for busy weeknights! It is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and ready to eat in 30 minutes.
Tofu Katsu Curry by Vegan Huggs
Tofu Katsu Curry has golden crispy tofu surrounded with fragrant and delicious Japanese-style curry sauce. Simple and ready in 40 minutes!
Asian Vegan Salad and Soup Recipes
Asian salads are seasoned with light dressings that consist of vinegar, and a touch or oil. They also frequently incorporate soy, scallions, garlic and ginger. You’ll find a lot of cabbage, nuts, and tofu for texture.
The soups here range in flavor, from a simple miso soup, to a hearty kimchi soup you can make in the instant pot!
Vegan Kimchi Soup by Champagne Tastes
This vegan kimchi soup is made with kimchi, tofu and potatoes. Make it in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop!
Mushroom Tom Yum Soup by Green Bowl 2 Soul
Mushroom Tom Yum soup is a light Thai soup full of refreshing flavors. It’s very easy to make and gets ready quickly. This vegan Thai mushroom soup is relished even by meat-lovers. It’s simmered with vegetable broth over medium heat.
Vegan Pad Thai Soup by Planted 365
This creamy soup is big on flavor! It’s easy to make and uses commonly found ingredients.
Easy Miso Soup by Happy Kitchen
Easy Miso Soup (Japanese Clear Soup) Recipe makes a perfect nutritious umami-packed savory vegan lunch. Comforting, healthy and ready in just 15 minutes!
Napa Cabbage Salad with Asian Dressing by Flavor the Moment
Crisp, crunchy and bursting with flavor, this Napa Cabbage Salad is utterly addictive. This vegan salad is packed with sweet and savory flavor, tossed in an Asian dressing, and is the perfect meal prep recipe!
Thai Salad with Sesame Crusted Tofu by No Sweat Vegan
This colorful Thai Salad is topped with sesame-crusted tofu and a cashew fiber dressing. Thus quick, easy, and delicious is perfect for a weeknight meal.
Buns and Pancakes
A delicious snack, lunch, or appetizer, these buns, and savory pancakes are casual vegan Asian recipes that are packed with flavor, yet light enough to eat more than one!
Vegan Bao Buns by Keeping the Peas
These vegan bao buns with portobello mushrooms are so simple to make! Sliced portobello mushrooms are cooked in a spicy soy sauce marinade, and paired with quick pickled onions, simple greens, and sliced tomatoes, in between a fluffy whole wheat tortilla.
Steamed Bao Buns by The Belly Rules the Mind
Bao buns are fluffy, steamed rolls stuffed with a savory or sweet stuffing. Our bao buns are stuffed with a combo of sweet and sour flavor, pickled veggies, tofu, and a delicious sauce.
Savory Chinese Scallion Pancakes by Little Sunny Kitchen
Savory Chinese scallion pancakes are so simple and delicious! They’re chewy, crispy from the outside, and flaky from the inside. This homemade version is way better than what you can buy at the supermarket.
Vegan Sushi Rolls
It’s so much fun to make your own sushi rolls at home! These easy “how to” recipes show you all the steps and tools you need to create mouth-watering sushi in your own kitchen!
Homemade Vegan Maki Sushi by The Belly Rules Mind
Homemade vegan maki sushi is easier than you think to make at home. It’s a great family activity to do when you want to enjoy some time together. This Vegan sushi recipe uses fresh veggies and tofu to provide a well-balanced and delicious meal you can serve any time of day.
Vegan Sushi Rolls by Key to My Lime
Vegan sushi is so easy to make at home! This delicious healthy meal will be your new favorite go-to. You can use any favorite veggies you have on hand!
I hope you were able to find some deliciously tempting recipes to try at home!
Check out these other healthy vegan recipe round-ups!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and let me know how it turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!