Learn how to make air fryer frozen spring rolls in just 10 minutes! The air fryer takes veggie spring rolls and crisps them up to perfection without the need for lots of oil! You’ll think you’re biting into your favorite take-out item!
When I’m hosting a party I like to combine homemade finger foods like these vegan dumplings and stuffed mushrooms with some easy pre-made appetizers like frozen spring rolls!
When you’re short on time, or creativity, heading to the frozen section of your grocery store and picking up a package of spring rolls is an easy solution to putting together a crowd-pleasing appetizer or quick snack without a lot of effort.
While there are many cooking methods to prepare spring rolls, these air fryer spring rolls are perhaps the easiest and healthiest!
The traditional way to cook frozen spring rolls is to either bake or deep fry them.
The challenge with baking them is that it takes time for the oven to heat up, and you’ve got to make sure to turn them several times so that they cook evenly.
If you choose to deep fry them you have to take the time to heat the oil, then there’s the mess of oil splattering on your stove, plus all the added fat and calories!
Put your deep fryers and baking sheets away, and get healthier frozen spring rolls in the air fryer!
💗 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy Recipe-Only 10 minutes start to finish!
- Less Oil-No deep frying, so it’s healthier!
- Super Crispy-Tastes like your favorite take-out!
- No Mess-Avoid hot oil from splattering all over your stovetop!
- Simple Appetizer-No cook, no mess, and a real crowd pleaser!
- Perfect Snack for after school!
🥣 Ingredients and Notes
Frozen Spring Rolls-I used vegan-friendly vegetable spring rolls. However, you can use this recipe with any type of spring rolls you find at your local grocery stores.
Avocado Oil-A small amount of avocado oil or another type of neutral flavored oil will help the spring rolls crisp up nicely. You can also use olive oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil. Do not use cooking oil spray as it will damage the internal coating of your air fryer. You can also opt to leave the oil off completely, but your rice paper wrapper will not be as crispy.
Scroll to the bottom of the post to the recipe card for complete measurements and instructions.
🔪 Tools and Equipment
All you need is your air fryer! Here are a few of my favorites if you’re looking to add this handy appliance to your collection.
- Go Wise 5.8 Qt Air Fryer-A great all-around medium-size air fryer for families.
- Dash Air Fryer-A small compact air fryer that doesn’t take up a lot of cabinets or countertop space. Great for small jobs. This is what I used for this recipe!
- Ninja Foodi– My new favorite appliance! This does it all! Not only does it have an excellent air fryer basket that is a good size for a family, but it also serves as an instant pot, and slow cooker!
📋 Instructions for Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. While air fryer is preheating, brush the frozen spring roll wrappers with oil on each side.
Step 2: Place the spring rolls in the basket in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes.
Step 3: Flip the spring rolls and cook for an additional 4 minutes on the other side. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Step 4: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
❓ Recipe FAQS
For best results do not thaw the spring rolls before placing them in the air fryer.
If your air fryer isn’t preheated this means your spring rolls will need more time to cook through. Another problem you could run into is if you’re spring rolls are too crowded in the basket. Make sure you give them some space so that the air can circulate and heat on all sides. Also be sure to flip the spring rolls half way through cooking time. All air fryers are a bit different, so cook time will vary depending on your model. Refer to your owners manual for best estimate of time.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! You can opt for a red chili sauce for something spicy, a creamy peanut sauce for something mild, soy sauce mixed with garlic for something simple, sweet and sour sauce, or whatever dipping sauce you enjoy!
I recommend making these in batches and enjoying them fresh out of the air fryer. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. When ready to reheat crisp them back up in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 F.
💭 Expert Tips
- Place the spring rolls in a single layer so that the hot air can circulate evenly. Do not stack or overlap in the air fryer basket.
- Adjust the cooking time as needed. Depending on the size of your spring rolls you may need to increase or decrease the time. For larger spring rolls increase the cooking time to 10 minutes, for smaller spring rolls decrease the time to 6-7 minutes.
- You do not need to line your air fryer with aluminum foil.
- You can use this same method to prepare frozen egg rolls.
More easy air fryer recipes!
If you made this recipe, please comment below and leave a ⭐️ rating. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more family-friendly vegan recipes!
Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
- 10 ounce box of frozen spring rolls
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil or other neutral oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- While air fryer is preheating, brush the frozen spring rolls with oil on each side.
- Place the spring rolls in the basket in a single layer, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the spring rolls and cook for an additional 4 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Place the spring rolls in a single layer so that the hot air can circulate evenly. Do not stack or overlap in the air fryer basket. Placing them in a single layer will allow them to cook evenly on all sides.
- Adjust the cooking time ad needed. Depending on the size of your spring rolls you may need to adjust the cooking time. For larger spring rolls increase the cooking time to 10 minutes, for smaller spring rolls decrease the time to 6-7 minutes.
- Make the spring rolls in batches, that way you don’t end up with more spring rolls than you can eat. These taste best when enjoyed fresh out of the air fryer.
Oh yum! I love how you used the air fryer to cook the spring rolls! And in only 10 minutes too! Such a wonderful texture.
What a great way to get really crispy spring rolls! Flipping them halfway through was a helpful tip that made them evenly cooked and crispy on all sides.
This recipe is perfect for our gatherings, so quick and easy too. I can’t wait to make spring rolls for an appetizer for our next gathering. Perfect crispness and very tasty!
I’ve always been a bit intimidated to make spring rolls at home, but it seems so easy to do it in the air fryer. Can’t wait to try it out for myself!