Learn how to make frozen spring rolls in the air fryer in 10 minutes! The air fryer takes spring rolls and crisps them to perfection! You’ll think you’re biting into your favorite take-out item!
When I host a party, I combine homemade finger foods like these vegan dumplings and stuffed mushrooms with easy pre-made appetizers like frozen spring rolls!
When you’re short on time or creativity, heading to the frozen section of your grocery store and picking up a package of spring rolls is an easy solution to putting together a crowd-pleasing appetizer or quick snack without much effort.
While many cooking methods exist to prepare spring rolls, these air fryer spring rolls are perhaps the easiest and healthiest! Put away your deep fryers and baking sheets, and get healthier frozen spring rolls in the air fryer in no time!
💗 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Healthier Option: Air frying spring rolls significantly reduces the amount of oil used compared to deep frying. This means you can enjoy the crispy texture and delicious flavors of spring rolls with less added fat and fewer calories.
Crispy Exterior, Tender Interior: The air fryer creates a crispy and golden-brown exterior on the spring rolls while keeping the filling inside tender and flavorful.
Less Mess and Cleanup: Air frying eliminates the need for a large amount of oil, reducing the mess associated with deep frying. It also makes cleanup easier since there is no oil to dispose of or splatters to clean up.
Versatile Dipping Options: Spring rolls cooked in the air fryer pair perfectly with a variety of dipping sauces, such as sweet chili sauce, peanut sauce, or soy sauce. You can experiment with different flavors and find the combination that suits your taste.
🥣 Ingredients and Notes
Frozen Spring Rolls: Any type of frozen spring rolls will work. I like the vegetable spring rolls from Trader Joe’s. But use what you have.
Oil of Choice: I prefer using a high-heat oil such as avocado oil. But you could also use olive oil or vegetable oil. However, I don’t recommend using a cooking spray as it can slowly damage your air fryer basket.
🔪 Tools and Equipment
All you need is your air fryer! Here are a few of my favorites if you want to add this handy appliance to your collection.
- Go Wise 5.8 Qt Air Fryer: A great all-around medium-size air fryer for families.
- Dash Air Fryer: A small compact air fryer that doesn’t take up a lot of cabinets or countertop space. Great for small jobs. This is what I used for this recipe!
- Ninja Foodi: My new favorite appliance! This does it all! It has an excellent air fryer basket that is a good size for a family, and it also serves as an instant pot and slow cooker!
📋 How to Make Frozen Spring Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. While the air fryer is preheating, brush the frozen spring roll wrappers with oil on each side.
- Place the spring rolls in the basket in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the spring rolls and cook for another 4 minutes on the other side or until golden brown. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
❓ Recipe FAQS
No, you do not need to thaw the spring rolls before air frying. For the best results keep them frozen.
If your air fryer isn’t pre-heated your spring rolls need more time to cook. Another problem you could run into is if your spring rolls are too crowded in the basket. Make sure you give them space so that the air can circulate and heat them on all sides. Also, be sure to flip the spring rolls halfway through cooking time. All air fryers are different so the bake time will vary depending on your model. Refer to your owner’s manual for the best estimate of time.
The cooking time for spring rolls in an air fryer can vary depending on the size of the spring rolls, the brand and model of the air fryer, and the desired level of crispiness. However, as a general guideline, spring rolls typically take about 8 to 12 minutes to cook in an air fryer at 375-400° Fahrenheit.
💭 Expert Tips
- Place the spring rolls in a single layer to circulate the hot air evenly. Do not stack or overlap in the air fryer basket.
- Adjust the cooking time as needed. Depending on the size of your spring rolls, you may need to increase or decrease the time. For larger spring rolls, increase the cooking time to 10 minutes. For smaller spring rolls, reduce the time to 6-7 minutes.
- You can use this same method to prepare frozen egg rolls.
🍴 How to Serve
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! You can opt for a red chili sauce for something spicy, a creamy peanut sauce for something mild, soy sauce mixed with garlic for something simple, sweet and sour sauce, or whatever dipping sauce you enjoy!
How to Store and Keep
I recommend making these in batches and enjoying them fresh from the air fryer. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. When ready to reheat crisp them back up in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
⚖️ Serving Size
The serving size will depend on how many spring rolls you cook at one time. This recipe is for a 10-ounce box, with two spring rolls per serving, which comes out to 3 total servings.
😋 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
How to Make Frozen Spring Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 10 ounce box of frozen spring rolls
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil or other neutral oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- While air fryer is preheating, brush the frozen spring rolls with oil on each side.
- Place the spring rolls in the basket in a single layer, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the spring rolls and cook for an additional 4 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Place the spring rolls in a single layer to circulate the hot air evenly. Do not stack or overlap in the air fryer basket. Placing them in a single layer will allow them to cook evenly on all sides.
- Adjust the cooking time as needed. Depending on the size of your spring rolls, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Increase the cooking time to 10 minutes; for smaller spring rolls, decrease the time to 6-7 minutes.
- Make the spring rolls in batches. That way, you don’t end up with more spring rolls than you can eat. These taste best when enjoyed fresh out of the air fryer.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 5 minutes.