This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclaimer.
This super easy and healthy falafel plate is colorful and simple! It makes for a filling lunch or dinner, and takes less than 20 minutes to make!
It’s the end of the week, and by Friday, I am ready for the weekend! We have been blessed with gorgeous weather the last few days, and I have been getting outside to soak up the sunshine as much as possible.
On warm and gorgeous days like these, I want to spend as much time as possible outdoors! I’m looking forward to a weekend of hiking, and exploring our new surroundings here in Northern Virgina!
So when it comes to meal time the easier the better! This falafel plate has become my new favorite simple meal! I’ve made it twice this week for lunch. But it would also make an excellent dinner!
Full of healthy greens, colorful vegetables, baked falafel, and creamy hummus, this meal is filling and full of vitamins and nutrients!
If you’re looking for something absolutely delicious, easy, and quick, give this falafel plate a try! This falafel bowl is also a great recipe to add to your vegan prep meals for the week!
Why you’ll love this easy and healthy falafel plate…
- Takes less than 20 minutes to make.
- Uses a combination of fresh and store bought ingredients.
- High in vitamins and nutrients.
- Super flavorful!
Recipe Ingredients and Notes:
Falafel: I used store bought falafel that I got from Trader Joe’s. You can find it in the frozen section. It is vegan and gluten-free.
Hummus: You can make your own hummus, which is super simple, or you can buy hummus at the store. This week since I was super busy, I just used store bought hummus.
Fresh Spinach: The base of this plate is fresh spinach. When it comes to spinach, I recommend buying organic since it is on the EWG’s dirty dozen list.
Assorted Vegetables: I used a variety of vegetables with this falafel plate including chopped carrots, cucumber, and tomatoes. Feel free to substitute any of the vegetables for ones that you prefer or have at home.
Tools and Equipment:
How to Make this Falafel Plate – Step by Step
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 F. Place falafel balls on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 8 minutes.
Step 2: While falafel are baking, prepare the vegetables. Chop the cucumber, slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and chop the carrots into small pieces.
Step 3: Place spinach on the bottom of the bowl. Remove stems if you prefer. Top the bowl with the tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers, add the hummus on top.
Step 4: When falafel is done baking, remove from the oven. They should be golden brown. Place on top of the bowl and serve!
Top Tips for Making a Falafel Plate
- Use whatever veggies you have on hand, the more colorful the better! Add finely chopped red onion, if your prefer.
- Make your own falafel, or use store bought to save time. Baking the falafel reduces calories and fat.
- Make your own hummus or use store bought. I used store bought this time.
- Make sure you flip your falafel after 10 minutes so that they evenly brown on all sides.
Variations and Substitutions
No hummus: If you don’t like hummus you could use this amazing tahini dressing!
Time Saver: If you have an air fryer you can air fry your falafel. Place them in the air fryer with space in between. Set the temperature to 375 F. Bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping half way.
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad: If you have a little extra time, make this refreshing mediterranean cucumber salad, and add a half cup to your dish! It will give this recipe a true authentic flavor!
How to Serve
I recommend serving this falafel plate with a side of whole wheat pita bread. You could also opt for gluten-free pita bread. This is a great dish to have for lunch or dinner!
Check out these other healthy vegan meals!
- 37 Vegan Prep Meals
- 25 Vegan Salad Recipes
- 5 Lazy Vegan Recipes for Busy Weeknights
- 38 Vegan Soup Recipes
If you’ve made this recipe, please comment below and let me know how it turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more vegan plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
- 4 falafel balls I used Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup hummus I used store bought.
- 2 cups fresh spinach stems removed
- 4 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 baby cucumber diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place falafel balls on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 8 minutes.
- While falafel are baking, prepare the vegetables. Chop the cucumber, slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and chop the carrots into small pieces.
- Place spinach on the bottom of the bowl. Remove stems if you prefer. Top the bowl with the tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers, add the hummus on top.
- When falafel is done baking, remove from the oven. They should be golden brown. Place on top of the bowl and serve!