This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclaimer.
Crispy air fryer tortilla chips are so easy to make and only require two simple ingredients! They’re lower in fat and calories since they’re not fried in oil. So go ahead, and enjoy your chips and salsa without the guilt!
My family inhales bags of tortilla chips like it’s going out of style. My husband will buy a bag from the store, and the next day they are gone!
They’re crazy about chips and salsa, chips with guacamole, nachos, you name it! They love their tortilla chips anyway they can eat them.
When I started to take a look at the amount of calories and fat in those tortilla chips, I realized that maybe my family shouldn’t eat bags of them on a weekly basis.
I got the idea to use my air fryer to make our own tortilla chips that are lower in fat and calories, yet still super crispy and delicious.
This recipe is so easy, I can hardly believe it!
I’m certain that your family is going to love this new healthier version as much as mine!
Why you’ll love these Air Fryer Tortilla Chips…
- Less expensive then store bought.
- Naturally Gluten-Free
- Quick and easy to make
- Only 2 ingredients needed
- Vegan and Dairy-Free
- Perfect for salsa, guacamole and nachos!
Recipe Ingredients and Notes
Corn Tortillas: Use the corn tortillas of your choice. If you’re gluten-free, be sure to check that the tortillas are certified gluten-free, as some may be made in facilities that share equipment with non-gluten free ingredients.
Cooking Spray: In order to get a crispy chip, you need some cooking spray. I prefer to use olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
Tools and Equipment
Air Fryer: For this recipe, all you really need is your air fryer. If you haven’t bought an air fryer before, I recommend reading my post on air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites, where I go in depth into the many types of air fryers on the market, and how to choose the one that is best for your needs.
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips – Step by Step
Step 1: Slice the corn tortillas into triangles.
Step 2: Place the triangles into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt (optional).
Step 3: Set the air fryer to 375 F. Cook for 4 minutes.
Step 4: Give the basket a shake. If they chips aren’t crisp, bake for another 2 minutes or so.
Top Tips for Making Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Be sure to use cooking spray when baking these chips. It’s the only way to ensure they get extra crispy!
- Slice the corn tortillas into triangles by first cutting them in half, and then cutting each half into quarters. If you want smaller chips, you can cut them into eighths.
- Season with a touch of salt after spraying with the cooking spray so that the salt sticks.
- Add additional seasonings. Use flavored salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, or your favorite spices and seasonings.
- Be sure to bake the tortilla chips in a single layer so that they bake evenly and crispy.
How to Serve
Homemade Salsa: Serve these with your favorite homemade or store bought salsa.
Gazpacho: Add to the side of your gazpacho for dipping.
Guacamole: Everyone’s favorite dip with chips, guacamole paired with these air fryer tortilla chips is a perfect appetizer for any party!
Nachos: Use these chips to make your nachos healthier! way healthier I top our nachos with vegan cheese sauce, black beans, and sour cream, you’ve got everything you need for a family meal they’ll love!
How to Store and Keep
Store: If you have extra chips store then in an air tight ziplock bag at room temperature.
Keep: They will keep for 3-4 days, but may lose some of their crispiness after a few days have passed.
If you find that they need to be crisped up a bit more, toss them back into your air fryer for a few minutes.
Check out these other air fryer recipes!
If you’ve made this recipe, please comment below and let me know how it turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more vegan plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 20 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- Slice the corn tortillas into triangles. Stack a few tortillas on top of another and cut in half. Then cut into quarters. If you are using larger tortillas then you might want to cut them into eighths. Continue until you've cut all of your tortillas into triangles.
- Place the triangles into the air fryer basket in a single layer spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt (optional). You can add other seasonings at this time if you desire.
- Set the air fryer to 375 F. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Give the basket a shake. If the chips aren't crisp, bake for another 2 minutes. Repeat until you've baked all of your tortilla chips.