Quick and easy air fryer corn on the cob is a simple side dish that is ready in minutes! Save time, and get perfectly cooked corn every single time!
My family is totally obsessed with corn on the cob during the summer months! It’s so fresh and sweet, and an absolutely perfect side dish for picnics, BBQs, and cookouts! It’s super affordable and SO easy to make!
We’ve learned how to make air fryer popcorn, so now it’s time to try corn on the cob!
There are so many ways to cook and enjoy your ears of corn, but the air fryer is my new favorite way to prepare it!
- Why cook corn in the air fryer?
- Why This Recipe Works
- Ingredients and Notes
- Tools and Equipment
- How to Make Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- What makes corn on the cob recipe healthy?
- How do you cook corn on the cob in the instant pot?
- Expert Tips
- Serve Suggestions
- How do you store and keep air fryer corn?
- More vegetable air fryer recipes!
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Why cook corn in the air fryer?
- You don’t need to heat up the grill for a couple of corn ears!
- No need to wait for boiling water.
- It’s an easy way to prepare corn both fresh or frozen!
- The hot air circulates to cook evenly on all sides.
- There’s no need to heat up the house in summer by turning on the stove.
- You’ll achieve a roasted grill like flavor anytime of the year.
- Air frying retains more of the vitamins and nutrients in the corn cobs.
Why This Recipe Works
- Quick and Easy
- Healthy and Vegan Friendly
- Creates a fried corn finish!
- Easy side dish!
- Simple Ingredients
- Dress up your corn anyway you like!
- Roasted and crispy flavor!
Ingredients and Notes
Sweet Corn: There are different varieties of corn, although, in the summer, you are more likely to find sweet corn in your grocery store! This has the best flavor! Especially when bought in season!
Olive Oil: All you need is a bit of olive oil is needed to crisp the corn and give it that nice roasted flavor.
Salt, Pepper and Vegan Butter: Simply season with kosher salt, or sea salt, and fresh black pepper! Then add a touch of butter if desired.
Scroll to the bottom of the post to the recipe card for complete measurements and instructions.
Tools and Equipment
How to Make Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Prepare the Corn: Shuck and clean four ears of corn. If needed, cut ears the ends of the corn to fit inside your air fryer basket.
Coat with Olive Oil: Coat each ear of corn with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Do not use olive oil cooking spray. This can potentially damage your air fryer basket. Place corn ears in a single layer in the basket.
Roast in Air Fryer: Air fry corn at 375 F for 6 minutes. Flip the corn and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes or until corn kernels are tender.
Finishing Touches: Top with butter, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Then add fresh herbs of your choice, such as parsley, cilantro, or basil. Enjoy!
The healthiest way to cook corn is the method that retains the majority of its nutrients. Unfortunately, boiling corn dissolves valuable vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese. Also, corn is high in fiber, which helps with digestion. Avoid boiling to retain these nutrients. Using the air fryer is an excellent method as it retains all the health benefits of the corn, and tastes delicious!
If you plan to grill your corn, soaking is a common method to use to help the corn husks from burning and catching fire on the grill, as well as give it enough moisture on the inside to steam within the husks. If you are air frying your corn, you do not need to do this extra step since you will remove the husks before placing in the air fryer.
If your corn is tough you’ve either cooked it too long, or not enough! Corn can become tough if it’s been boiled in water for too long. The same problem can happen if you leave it in the air fryer too long, or take it out before it’s fully cooked. The best way to ensure that your corn is perfectly tender is to cook for 6 minutes per side. Check for doneness, and cook an additional 2-4 minutes if necessary. Time may vary depending on the size of your corn and your air fryer. Always check your air fryer’s cooking instructions for best estimates of time for each type of food.
Yes! It’s simple to prepare! Place the frozen corn in the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 375 F. Cook for 12 minutes in total, rotating at the 6 minute mark.
What makes corn on the cob recipe healthy?
High in Fiber: Corn is an excellent source of fiber. Fiber is essential for helping you feel fuller longer, and aids in healthy digestion.
Rich in Vitamins and Nutrients: Corn is an excellent source of B vitamins, zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese. B vitamins help ensure your body’s cells are functioning properly. They convert food into energy, create new blood cells, and maintain healthy skin cells, brain cells, and other body tissues. In addition, minerals such as zinc helps with your immune system. Also, magnesium helps with nerve and muscle function, supports the immune system, strengthens bones, keeps blood glucose levels in a normal range, and improves energy.
Low in Calories: One ear of fresh corn has 36 calories, and that includes the added teaspoon of olive oil! To keep this recipe healthy refrain from adding butter, or add just a touch!
Healthy Fats: This recipe is coated in a small amount of olive oil. This not only makes for a wonderful flavor, but it also provides monounsaturated fatty acids. MUFAs are known to help lower cholesterol levels.
How do you cook corn on the cob in the instant pot?
- Make sure to husk and clean your corn thoroughly. You don’t want any loose corn silk that can burn while roasting.
- Use olive oil to coat the corn. You need just a little bit. Don’t skip it. This helps keep the corn from sticking and gives it a nice roasted flavor.
- Season the corn with your spices of choice.
- Top with your favorite fresh herbs for added flavor and a touch of green and freshness! I suggest parsley, basil, or cilantro!
Chili Powder and Lime Juice: Spice up your recipe with a sprinkle of chili pepper! Then squeeze a wedge of fresh lime juice on top! It’s so refreshing and unique!
Fresh Herbs and Melted Butter: Spread a touch of melted butter (Earth Balance Vegan Butter) is my favorite, and top with chopped fresh green herbs. Great to serve with veggie burgers and or roasted vegetable kebabs.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese and Garlic Salt: Sprinkle with a bit of vegan parmesan cheese (or regular) and a touch of garlic salt for an Italian flare on this recipe.
How do you store and keep air fryer corn?
If you have leftover corn it is easy to wrap and store it for later. I prefer to wrap my cooked corn in plastic wrap, or place in a large zip-lock bag with all air pushed out. Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. When ready to reheat, unwrap the corn, and place in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until warmed.
More vegetable air fryer recipes!
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Baked Potato
- Homemade French Fries
If you’ve tried this recipe, please leave a star rating and let me know how it turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears sweet corn shucked and cleaned
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegan butter for serving optional
- 4 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Shuck and clean 4 ears of corn. If needed, cut off ends of the ears to fit inside your air fryer basket.
- Coat each ear of corn with about 1 tsp of olive oil. Place the ears in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook at 375 F for 6 minutes. Flip the corn and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes or until corn kernels are tender
- Sprinkle corn with salt, pepper, and butter (if desired). Top with fresh herbs of your choice, such as parsley, cilantro, or basil. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days wrapped in plastic wrap or in an air tight container or zip-lock bag.
- Make sure to shuck and clean your corn well to avoid the corn silk from burning.
- Use olive oil or butter to coat the corn before air frying. Do not use a cooking spray as this can damage your air fryer basket.