This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
These no-bake chocolate chip vegan cookie dough balls are everything you need when you get a craving for a sweet treat. With only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep you can whip these up in a flash. Healthy and delicious these cookie dough balls are paleo, gluten-free, and dairy free!
My oldest son loves to bake. He takes such pride in pulling together the ingredients, dumping, and stirring, but I think one of the reasons he really loves baking is because he likes to eat the batter along the way.
When I used to make your typical baking treats using eggs I would pull his hand away from the batter. Now that I bake vegan I don’t need to worry about raw eggs, but it got me thinking. If my son loves the process of baking, and the nibbling along the way, why not skip the baking and just make a delicious cookie dough!
That’s when these chocolate chip vegan cookie dough balls came into creation. They’re easy to make with only 5 ingredients that are staples in my fridge and pantry.
They’re also simple to make which means even my youngest can pull up a seat and help mix and roll the dough.
Ingredients you’ll need for Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookie Dough Balls:
I use Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate Chips. They have two simple ingredients; unsweetened chocolate and cane sugar. The typical chocolate chips are loaded with processed ingredients and many have milk. I also love that Enjoy Life’s products are Non-GMO and allergy friendly. If i’m indulging in chocolate these are the best!
Tools and equipment you’ll need to make chocolate chip vegan cookie dough balls:
You don’t need a lot of fancy equipment to make these cookie dough balls. I use a glass mixing bowl to combine my ingredients, a spatula to stir, and the cookie scoop to get perfectly even balls. I store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
How to make Vegan Cookie Dough Balls – Step by Step
- Pour 1 cup of almond flour into your mixing bowl
- Stir in maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract
- Fold in Chocolate Chips
- Scoop a 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball with your hands, continue until all batter is used.
- Store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up
- Eat and enjoy!
How to Store Vegan Cookie Dough Balls
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. These will be good for 3-5 days but I doubt they will last that long in your refrigerator before they all get eaten!
If you need to sub the sweetener you can use agave syrup. You can also sub peanut butter for almond butter if you don’t have it on hand, although I like the almond butter better with these balls. Almond butter is not as thick as peanut butter making it easier to combine. You can leave out the chocolate chips and just have dough, or sub a dried fruit instead.
Check out these other dessert and snack favorites!
- Hidden Veggie Blueberry Smoothie
- 43 Healthy Vegan Snacks Your Kids Will Actually Eat
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- No Bake Snowball Cookies
If you’ve tried my vegan cookie dough balls, please rate them and let me know how they turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
Vegan Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 cup almond flour blanched
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Pour almond flour into mixing bowl. Add maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined. It will take on a crumbly texture, but will stick together when you roll into balls.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough, and roll into a ball. Repeat for the remaining balls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes in an airtight container to firm and set.