This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
These air fryer carrots are simply seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper. A touch of olive oil roasts them to perfection. Serve topped with fresh dill!
This week my produce bin in the fridge was getting low. I needed to put some veggies on the table for dinner. My family is okay with eating raw veggies for snacks or at lunch, but when it comes to dinner they want them to be dressed up!
I had a bag of organic baby carrots that were still good and decided to use the air fryer to make some magic. We usually eat carrots raw with hummus, or roasted in the oven, but the kids were hungry, and I was short on time, so it was the air fryer to the rescue!
Roasting veggies in the air fryer takes about half the time as it does in the oven. You save the time needed to preheat the oven, and roasting time is cut in half! Not to mention clean-up is a breeze. All around, it’s a fantastic way to roast vegetables!
Why you’ll love these Air Fryer Carrots…
- Great side dish for Easter or other holidays!
- Quick and easy roasting method
- Only 5 ingredients!
- Kid approved!
- Reduced fat and calories from regular roasting.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive olive oil
Tools and Equipment You’ll Need
You’ll need your handy dandy air fryer, and a mixing bowl! That’s it! Doesn’t get any easier. I was on the fence for a long time when it came to buying an air fryer. Who needs another kitchen appliance they’ll never use? As it turns out I use my air fryer several times a week to roast veggies, make homemade healthy fries, and quick snacks for the kids!
How to Make Air Fryer Carrots – Step by Step
Step 1: Combine carrots, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss with clean hands until well combined.
Step 2: Place carrots in the air fryer in a single layer.
Step 3: Roast at 400 F for 20 minutes, tossing at the 10 minute mark.
How to Serve
There are so many ways you can dress these carrots up. I topped them with shredded kale. I know, weird! Like I said, my produce bin was low! I had to toss out my parsley, and didn’t have any fresh dill. These carrots would also taste fantastic with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese.
Top Tips and Variations
- You do not need to use baby carrots. Feel free to use regular carrots. Peel and cut into long carrot sticks.
- Fresh organic carrots are going to be even more flavorful! But use what you have!
- Rainbow carrots would taste beautiful too.
- Omit the olive oil if trying to reduce fat or avoiding oil all together. You could toss the carrots in a tablespoon of vegetable stock. But reduce salt if using this method.
- Season with 1 tsp of any dried herbs you like. Oregano, rosemary, thyme, dill, basil, parsley, would compliment these carrots nicely.
- If you like your carrots softer, I like mine with a bit of a crunch, roast for an additional 5 minutes or until desired consistency.
Check out these other Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Tofu
If you’ve tried these Air Fryer Carrots, please rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more plant-based family recipes your whole family will enjoy!
Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer
- 1 1b baby carrots
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil or use vegetable stock if avoiding oil
- Combine carrots, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss with clean hands until well combined.
- Place carrots in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Roast at 400 F for 20 minutes, tossing at the 10 minute mark.
- You do not need to use baby carrots. Use fresh large carrots cut into strips or 1/2 inch chunks.
- Fresh carrots, and rainbow carrots will have more flavor.
- Olive oil gives them a nice crispness and golden brown finish. If omitting use vegetable stock to coat carrots before roasting.
- Season with 1 tsp of any dried herbs such as oregano, rosemary, thyme, dill, basil, or parsley.
- Cook in air fryer for an additional 5 minutes if carrots are too crunchy for your liking.