Mango Banana Smoothie
This creamy high protein mango banana smoothie is naturally sweet. It's a healthy way to start your day!
- 1 cup frozen cubed mango
- 1 frozen banana chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup dairy free coconut milk yogurt plain unsweetened
- 1 scoop pea protein powder optional
Fill your blender or smoothie cup in the following order: almond milk, coconut yogurt, protein powder, fresh mangoes, chopped frozen banana.
Attach blender lid or smoothie attachment blade. Start on low and slowly increase speed until all ingredients are completely blended.
Pour into two glasses. Top with fresh mango, chia seeds, and coconut flakes (optional)
Nutrition facts do not include optional topping ingredients, and are calculated for two servings.
- Use frozen banana and frozen mango
- Use unsweetened almond milk and dairy free yogurt (this reduces the overall sugar)
- Use an unsweetened pea protein powder. I recommend using Trader Joe's version. It doesn't add any extra flavor.
- If you don't want the extra protein, leave out the protein powder
- Place the frozen fruit in the blender first (or closest to the blade), then pour liquid ingredients over it. This will help make sure all the frozen pieces get nicely blended.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 3mg