Spinach Apple Smoothie
This spinach apple smoothie is a fresh take on the traditional green smoothie made with spinach, avocado, a Granny Smith apple, banana, and chia seeds.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time5 mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup organic spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 green apple chopped
- 1 frozen banana chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Cube apple and chop the frozen banana into chunks.
In your blender combine almond milk and spinach and blend until smooth.
Add the avocado and blend until smooth.
Add the apple and blend until smooth.
Add the frozen banana and chia seeds. Blend until smooth.
Pour into two glasses and sprinkle a few chia seeds on top.
Tips for Making a Spinach Apple Smoothie
- I like to add the spinach first to make sure it breaks down in the smoothie. Many people don't like having little flecks of spinach or kale in their smoothies so putting it in first allows it to incorporate and breakdown with the almond milk.
- Freeze your overripe bananas so that you have a frozen banana ready whenever you want to enjoy a smoothie.
- I add the frozen bananas and chia seeds last. Make sure to cut the banana into chunks before adding it to your smoothie so that it easily blends and breaks down.
- Make and enjoy immediately, or transfer to an ice cube tray and freeze to blend later.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 660mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1567IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 364mg | Iron: 1mg