Low Sugar Strawberry Jam
Easy low sugar strawberry jam with no pectin needed. Done in 15 minutes.
- 2 cups organic strawberries chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds finely ground
Combine strawberries, water, and lemon juice in a small pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
Remove lid. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. The strawberry mixture will thicken.
Remove from heat. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Taste and add an additional tablespoon of maple syrup if you like it sweeter.
Stir in ground chia seeds and let sit to cool.
When cooled completely, transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can freeze the jam for up to 3 months.
- Grind the chia seeds into a fine powder.
- Stir the mixture every few minutes.
- Allow the jam to cool completely before transferring it to a sealed jar.
- Enjoy within 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg