Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
These are the ultimate vegan pumpkin brownies with a fudgy chocolate base and topped with a pumpkin pie filling. It's a healthy oil-free plant-based treat for the autumn season!
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
Brownies Wet Ingredients
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Brownie Dry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine pumpkin purée, 1/4 cup of applesauce, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together, and set aside.
Combine almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, organic cane sugar, and organic brown sugar. Whisk together until combined.
Combine whole wheat flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
Pour brownie batter into 8x8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Top the brownie batter with the pumpkin pie mixture.
Bake for 45-55 minutes. Insert toothpick in center to ensure they are fully cooked. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into 9 equal squares.
- If batter is too thick, transfer to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Batter should be thick and sticky.
- Be sure to line your baking pan with parchment paper. Line it so that the edge of the parchment paper is taller than the pan itself. This will help you easily lift the brownies out of the pan once they have cooled.
- If you would like to make this recipe refined sugar free, sub the organic cane sugar for coconut sugar, and the brown sugar for muscavado sugar. It will have a slightly different flavor.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 7359IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg