These vegan kebab skewers with marinated tofu and an assortment of vegetables have the perfect char, and seasoning. They're easy to make and are perfect for grilling season.
- 14 oz extra firm tofu block
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
Press water out of tofu. Sandwich tofu between several sheets of paper towel on a plate or baking sheet. Place a heavy pan on top of the tofu with 3-4 heavy cans on top of the pan. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes, changing out paper towels halfway through.
Chop tofu, and vegetables into one inch chunks.
Pour soy sauce, sriracha, and minced garlic over cubed and pressed tofu. Gently toss tofu to ensure all pieces are evenly covered. Allow to sit in marinade for a minimum of 10 minutes. Feel free to add more soy sauce or sriracha to be sure that all pieces are covered.
Using skewer place tofu, followed by vegetables piercing down the center. Repeat pattern until skewer is filled.
Heat grill to high heat. If using a grill pan, brush with olive oil. If using an outdoor grill, brush kebabs on all sides with olive oil. Place on grill for 2-3 minutes, flipping until all sides of the kebab are evenly cooked.
- Make sure tofu is completely covered in marinade and that you allow it to sit in the marinade for a minimum of 10 minutes. The longer you're able to allow the tofu to sit in the marinade the more flavorful it will become. You could even allow the tofu to marinate overnight.
- Cut the vegetables and tofu into even bites. This will allow for a more even cook.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1105mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 752IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2mg