Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Hash | Vegan and GF
This Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Hash tossed in cinnamon spice, and topped with dried cherries and a balsamic glaze it's a healthy vegan breakfast!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 lb brussel sprouts cleaned and quartered
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 F. Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. Clean and quarter brussel sprouts. Thinly slice onions.
Line your sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread vegetables over top. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin.
Place sheet pan on center rack of preheated oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts are golden brown.
While vegetables are roasting make the balsamic glaze. Bring 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until it is reduced to half and thickens. Transfer to a small bowl and allow to cool. Glaze will thicken as it cools.
Remove roasted vegetables from oven. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with dried cherries. Drizzle cooled balsamic glaze over top, and serve!
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil to avoid vegetables from sticking and to make clean-up easier.
- Chop vegetables into similar sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- While roasting toss vegetables halfway through to ensure an even roast on all sides.
- Be sure to clean wash brussel sprouts thoroughly before cooking.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 956mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 17155IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 3mg