Silken Tofu Scramble
Silken Tofu Scramble with Mixed Vegetables is an easy, protein filled savory vegan breakfast! Serve with toast, or make into a breakfast burrito! The options are endless!
- 1 block of silken tofu or regular tofu
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 cups leaf spinach
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
Heat ¼ cup of vegetable stock in a large skillet. Add diced onions. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add chopped peppers. Stir to combine and cook an additional two minutes.
Push onions and peppers to the side of the skillet. Drain water from block of tofu. Add the whole block of tofu to the skillet. Using a spatula break the tofu up into small chunks. Starting with cutting it into thin pieces, and then breaking it up into bite size pieces.
Add the turmeric, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add chopped tomatoes, and spinach. Cover and steam the spinach for 5 minutes. Remove lid, stir to combine, and serve!
Note: Nutrition facts are an estimate.
- Silken tofu does not require pressing. It is delicate, so handle with care.
- If you like a "runnier" scramble, use silken tofu. If you prefer a "harder" scramble, use regular firm tofu.
- Be sure to drain any water from your tofu before adding it to the skillet. Some silken tofu comes in water, some does not, so it depends on the type that you have.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1943IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg