Vegan Nachos with Black Beans and Cashew Cheese
These vegan nachos with black beans and cashew cheese sauce are the ultimate easy family dinner for those weeknights when you're ready to call in for take-out. It's a crowd pleasing meal that's healthy and nutritious while also being mouth watering delicious!
- 5 oz organic tortilla chips
- 15 oz can organic black beans
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes diced
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ½ cup corn fresh or frozen
- ½ cup avocado diced
- ¼ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw whole cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Make the Cashew Cheese: Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain cashews. Add cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, water garlic, salt, and pepper to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Spread tortilla chips on a sheet pan. Drain and rinse canned organic black beans, and spread evenly over chips. Add the tomatoes, peppers, and corn. Drizzle cheese on top of tortilla chips.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and evenly spread the diced avocado and cilantro over top. Serve with a wedge of lime.
- This recipe is versatile. Use your favorite veggies to spread over the nachos. You can also use your favorite beans. Add corn or salsa.
- Choose baked tortilla chips with low-salt to keep this recipe healthy.
- I've had trouble finding oil-free tortilla chips to stay true to the whole food plant-based oil free diet, but you can make your own oil free tortillas.
- You'll only need about ½ cup of cashew cheese for these nachos, although use as much as you want. I reserve the rest of the cashew cheese to pour over steamed veggies!