Healthy Vegan Brownies
These healthy vegan brownies will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. They are refined sugar free and oil-free yet still ooey, gooey, and chocolatey.
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes. Stir in applesauce and vanilla after 15 minutes.
While flax egg sets, combine dry ingredients (date sugar, cocoa powder, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt) in a medium mixing bowl.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stirring until combined.
Pour batter into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
Optional: Sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving.
- Use organic whole food ingredients whenever possible.
- Mix the ground flax with warm water and set aside for at least 15 minutes or until flax and water begins to thicken into an egg like consistency.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls before combining.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper. This eliminates the need to grease the pan and will allow you to remove your brownies from the pan with ease.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg