Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip is a crowd pleasing appetizer or snack made with all natural ingredients. All the cheesy and creamy goodness without any artificial vegan cheese substitutes. Shhh! Nobody will even know it's vegan!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 14 oz can of baby artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
Soak cashews in hot water for 10-15 minutes. In a blender add drained cashews, coconut milk (or other unsweetened dairy-free milk), apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Sauté onion in ½ cup of vegetable stock in skillet until translucent. Add garlic. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
Add cayenne, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir to coat spices in onion mixture.
Drain artichoke hearts, and roughly chop. Add to the skillet. Add roughly chopped fresh spinach. Stir until heated through and spinach begins to wilt.
Pour cashew cream sauce over spinach and artichoke mixture. Stir to combine.
Transfer skillet to oven. Broil at 500 F for 5 minutes or until top turns a golden brown. (Optional: Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes before broiling). Transfer skillet to oven. Broil for 5 minutes or until top turns a golden brown.
Tips for Making Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- I prefer to make the cashew cream sauce using a high-speed blender. This one is my favorite! It helps to fully blend the soaked cashews into the sauce to create a smooth and creamy texture.
- You'll need a skillet to sauté the vegetables and combine the cream sauce and then bake in the oven.
- You can prep the dip ahead of time and store it covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to pop it in the oven to broil.
- You can store this spinach artichoke vegan dip in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freeze for 2-3 months.
- To reheat your vegan spinach artichoke dip, toss it in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 375F, or until warmed through.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 757IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg