Sugar Free Apple Crisp
This healthy refined sugar free apple crisp is loaded with cinnamon, ginger, and dried cranberries. The oatmeal topping made with a blend of pecans, walnuts, almond butter, and maple syrup make this apple crisp vegan and gluten free. Top it with coconut milk ice cream for the ultimate guilt free dessert.
- 6 Granny Smith Apples organic
- 1 cup apple juice, apple cider or water
- ¼ cup sugar free cranberries optional
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder or corn startch
- 1 tsp cinnamon plus ¼ tsp for the oats mixture
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Slice, core, and peel 6 apples.
Combine sliced apples with cranberries (optional), 1 tsp cinnamon, ginger, 1 tbsp maple syrup, vanilla, arrowroot powder (or corn starch), and apple cider or water.
Combine oats, ground flax, pecans, walnuts, ¼ cup maple syrup, almond butter, ¼ tsp cinnamon and salt in a food processor. Pulse until a crumbly paste is made.
Pour apple mixture on the bottom of a medium baking dish. Sprinkle oat crumble evenly over the top.
Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top browns and apples release their juices and soften.
- You can leave the peel on the apples if you wish to save time.
- You can choose to use water, apple juice, or apple cider as the liquid in your apple base. The nutritional information is estimated using water.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 279mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg