Easy Vegan Chili
This easy vegan chili made with black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans is super simple to pull together for a weeknight meal and takes only 30 minutes to prepare. Full of heart healthy plant protein, high in fiber, and low in calories, this chili is super satisfying.
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 organic green pepper chopped
- 1 organic red pepper chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock plus 1/4 cup to simmer vegetables
- 14 oz can organic black beans
- 14 oz can organic kidney beans
- 14 oz can organic pinto beans
- 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large dutch oven or pot sauté onions and garlic in 1/4 cup of vegetable stock. Cook until tender.
Add chopped green and red pepper. Cook until soft.
Add vegetable stock, fire roasted tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, chili powder, cumin and paprika.
Let simmer on low with the lid on for about 20 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe tastes great with a spoonful of nutritional yeast and sliced avocado or a dollop of guacamole. The nutritional yeast gives a "cheesy" flavor and the guacamole gives it a creamy texture.