Hearty Marinara Sauce Recipe
This simple to make hearty marinara sauce with chunks of tomatoes and seasoned with garlic, and herbs is so easy to make! It’s so much better than jarred sauce, plus it’s oil-free, and takes only 10 minutes to make from start to finish!
Add crushed tomatoes to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add minced garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
Taste, add optional sugar if you think the acidity of the tomatoes needs some balance.
Enjoy with your favorite pasta!
Tips for Making Hearty Marinara Sauce
- Use canned tomatoes for a faster sauce.
- Choose a different type of canned tomatoes for a chunkier or smoother sauce.
- Add more vegetables to make this marinara even hearitier.
- Adjust the spices to add your favorite flavors.
- Keep the sauce simmering over medium to medium-low heat. The sauce will spit and spatter easily. Cover with a lid to keep the sauce from making a mess.
- Store for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 248IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg