Ninja Foodi Baked Potato
With only three simple ingredients, this Ninja Foodi baked potato recipe has a crispy skin, and a light and fluffy center! Faster than in the oven, this easy foolproof method will become your favorite way to bake potatoes! You'll never turn back!
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp koscher salt
Wash and dry your russet potatoes. Make sure that you have used a kitchen towel to absorb the water.
Cover your potatoes with cooking oil. I suggest avocado oil or almond oil. Be sure to coat the potatoes on all sides. You can also use a cooking spray. Rub the oil into the skin. This will ensure that the skin turns out nice and crispy. It also helps the salt stick to the potato while cookings.
Generously sprinkle salt on the oiled potatoes. Sprinkle on all sides, and rub the salt into the skin to make sure that it sticks. At this time you can additional seasoning if you choose. Some suggestions include garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, or cayenne. Use your hands to massage the seasoning into the skin. Place the russet potatoes in the air fryer basket. Allow them to have a little space.
Set the air fryer to 400 F. Cook for 40 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, turn the potatoes over using tongs. After 40 minutes check to make sure they are cooked all the way through. Add more time as needed. Since potatoes come in different sizes you may need additional time for extra large potatoes!
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes
- Use potatoes that are similar in size.
- Do not wrap in foil if you want a crispy skin.
- Do not poke holes in the potatoes.
- Generously coat the entire outside of the potato in oil and salt.
- Give the potatoes some space in the air fryer basket. Don't overcrowd.
- Flip the potatoes halfway through the cooking time, at about 20 minutes. This will allow the potatoes to cook evenly and get crispy on all sides.
- Depending on the size of your potatoes, you may need to increase or decrease the time.
- Remove the potatoes from the basket and allow them to cool a few minutes before handling.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1173mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg