Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
These simple chocolate covered pretzel rods are dipped in melted dark chocolate and topped with holiday sprinkles, and nuts. They make a beautiful and easy gift-able holiday treat for friends and family!
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips vegan/dairy-free
- 12 oz bag of pretzel rods
- holiday sprinkles
Pour chocolate chips in a medium glass mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
Dip pretzels rods in chocolate. Use the spatula to help you cover ¾ of the rod. Lightly shake to remove any extra chocolate.
Placing rod over the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles, nuts, or candies, gently twisting the rod to make sure all sides are covered. Place rod on lined baking sheet to set. Repeat for the rest of the pretzel rods until all chocolate or pretzels are used. Recipe will make about 30 pretzel rods.
Place baking sheets in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
- Do heat the chocolate in the microwave for too long. If you overheat the chocolate it will burn and be unusable.
- Another option, instead of the microwave is to use the double boiler method. With this method, you place a glass bowl over boiling water so that the bowl does not touch the water, and the steam warms the chocolate. This is more gentle way to melt the chocolate.
- Yet another option to melt the chocolate is to place warm water in a crockpot. Place mason jars willed with chocolate chips in the jars and place the jars in the water, this will gently melt the chocolate and keep it melted while you dip your pretzels. The challenge with this method is that you need to be careful not to get any of the hot water in the jars of chocolate.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg