Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
These oatmeal pumpkin cookies are made with oats, sweetened with banana and maple syrup, and dotted with chocolate chips in a pumpkin flavored dough. They're a healthy cookie that's also vegan and gluten-free!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp almond milk optional
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine oats, almond flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together to combine.
Mash ripe banana in a small bowl using a fork. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Add mashed banana. Whisk together to combine.
Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Stir together until combined. If batter is too dry add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk. Fold chocolate chips into batter.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop a ball of dough. Roll into a ball, place on the cookie sheet, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. to cool completely.
- Use rolled oats, and blanched almond flour to get that soft chewy texture.
- Be sure to roll the dough and gently flatten with the palm of your hand before baking. These cookies do not spread the way other cookies do.
- If the batter seems too dry, add the optional almond milk for added moisture.
- Be sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper. This will help keep the cookies from sticking.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 798IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg