Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
These vegan pumpkin pancakes are light and fluffy with real pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. They are whole food plant-based made with whole wheat flour, and no refined sugar!
Servings: 4 2 pancakes per person
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other dairy free milk
- chopped nuts optional
Whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
Pour almond milk, and pumpkin puree into batter. Fold together until combined. Don't over mix. Allow batter to rest for 15 minutes.
While batter is resting, heat your skillet to medium high. Use a non-stick skillet to avoid the need to add oil or vegan butter to the pan. If you use a non-stick skillet you will have no problem flipping the pancakes without oil. When skillet is hot, add batter, about 1/4 cup.
Wait for batter to bubble about 3-4 minutes, then flip, and cook the other side an additional 2-3 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimate. It does not calculate added maple syrup of chopped nuts.
- Don't over mix batter. If batter is a bit lumpy that is fine.
- Allow batter to rest. This helps to create light and fluffy pancakes.
- Make sure griddle is hot before adding batter. Add a drop of water. If it sizzles and disintegrates, the griddle is hot and ready to add the batter.
- Don't mess with pancakes once you have added the batter. Be patient, and wait for them to bubble before flipping.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2334IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 271mg | Iron: 2mg