Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
A light and moist vegan pumpkin bread recipe that's full of fall flavors and made with plant-based ingredients. Made with whole grains, no oil, and unrefined sugar, it's a healthy plant-based quick bread you will make again and again!
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 15 oz pumpkin puree 1 can
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup muscovado sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together almond milk and lemon juice. Set aside and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Combine pumpkin, muscovado sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Beat together until sugar is dissolved.
Combine whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk together until combined.
Add almond milk, and wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients. Carefully fold ingredients together until combined. Don't over mix.
Line 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into loaf pan. Spread batter evenly across the top. At this time you can sprinkle pumpkin seeds or dairy free chocolate chips across the top.
Place an aluminum foil tent over the top. Bake for 60 minutes in preheated oven at 350 F. Insert a toothpick through the center if it comes out clean it is completely baked.
- Add an aluminum foil tent over the top to keep the top from burning and allow the center to cook completely.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then carefully remove from the pan by gently pulling the edges of the parchment paper. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- This bread will keep for up to 7 days at room temperature when wrapped in saran wrap and aluminum foil. However, it tastes best when first baked, and will dry out a bit as the days pass. You can also freeze this bread for up to 2 months.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 5515IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg