A decadent dessert like breakfast, this Brownie Oatmeal is rich and chocolaty topped with a peanut butter drizzle, and chocolate shavings. It's naturally sweetened, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 1 cup water or plant-based milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter optional
- 1 teaspoon dark chocolate optional
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Optional add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the water. Add ½ cup rolled oats. Bring back to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until oats begin to thicken.
Add cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Heat for an additional minute.
Transfer to bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon of dark chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts calculated without peanut butter or added chocolate shavings.
- For an even creamier texture to your oats you can use an unsweetened dairy free milk instead of water.
- If oats haven't thickened enough remove from heat after 8 minutes and cover. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, and oats will continue to thicken.
- To get a nice drizzle with your peanut butter heat a tablespoon in the microwave for 10 seconds. This will give it a smoother texture perfect for drizzling.
- If you want an even more dramatic chocolate flavor add an additional tablespoon of cacao powder.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg