This creamy Vegan Tzatziki with coconut yogurt, cucumber, herbs and garlic tastes like the original Greek dip and it’s quick and easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber shredded and squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic minces
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
Finely grate 1 cup of shredded cucumber. Squeeze all access water out of the cucumber using a paper towel or cheese cloth.
Mince garlic, zest lemon, and finely chop dill.
Fold shredded cucumber into coconut yogurt. Add minced, garlic, lemon zest, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To make your own homemade coconut yogurt see the ingredients and directions in the post above.
- Most of the water from a cucumber comes from the seeds. Remove the seeds from the cucumber before grating.
- Use a food processor with the grating attachment to quickly grate the cucumber.
- You'll need about half of a large English cucumber. If using a regular cucumber, peel first, remove seeds, and then grate.
- If making your own coconut yogurt plan in advance. It will take up to 48 hours for the yogurt to activate.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1mg