Creamy Gluten-Free Hummus
This gluten free hummus recipe has the creamiest texture without the need for any oil! It’s naturally vegan and whole food plant-based making it a healthy snack or spread you can make it at home in less than 10 minutes!
- 15 oz chickpeas drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba liquid from chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sumac optional
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped optional
Drain chickpeas reserving the liquid or aquafaba in a separate bowl. You need some of the aquafaba but not all of it. Rinse chickpeas with water.
Combine chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, aquafaba, and salt in food processor.
Process for a least 3 minutes. Check for creaminess. If you don't yet have your desired consistency add an additional tablespoon of water and process until hummus reaches desired creaminess.
Transfer to a shallow bowl. Smooth over the top. Sprinkle with sumac and finely chopped parsley (optional).
- Drain chickpeas reserving the liquid. You'll need the liquid also known as aquafaba for the recipe, but you do not need all of it!
- Do not dump the whole can of chickpeas into the food processor with all of the aquafaba. You'll have too much liquid and hummus will be runny instead of creamy.
- Blend in the food processor for 3 minutes. I know it will seem like a long time, but it's key to getting the authentic creamy texture.
- Use canned chickpeas so that you'll have the aquafaba.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg