Vegan Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs
This Vegan Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs is made with a creamy dill dressing using coconut milk yogurt. No vegan mayo, and oil free. It's a whole food plant-based potato salad that's full of flavors from the garden.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1/3 cup scallions plus 2 tbsp
- 1/3 cup fresh dill plus 2 tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup plain coconut milk yogurt unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Wash your potatoes removing any dirt and imperfections. Dice into small even cubes. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water until there is about 2 inches of water above the potatoes. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
Chop scallions using both the whites and the greens. Finely chop dill. Reserve 2 tbsp of scallions, and 2 tablespoons of dill.
In your food processor combine coconut milk yogurt, lemon juice, scallions, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined.
When potatoes are cooked through, drain the water. Using a colander run cool water over the potatoes to reduce their temperature. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Pour dressing over top the potatoes. Add the reserved scallions and dill. Stir to combine.
- Chop Potatoes before boiling. This helps them retain their shape rather than crumbling into pieces.
- I used the small potato medley and chopped them into quarters. While simmering check the potatoes at the 5 minute mark. Depending on the size of your cubes the potatoes should take between 5-10 minutes.
- When potatoes are simmering do not cover the pot with a lid. This will alter the consistency of the potatoes.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 201IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg