Sweet tropical Mango Pancakes are simply delicious. Whole grain pancake batter is combined with mango puree and cinnamon to create a healthy, nutrient rich pancake that's light, fluffy, and vegan.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds ground
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup mango puree
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup blueberries
- maple syrup
In a coffee grinder or spice grinder, grind 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. In a small bowl whisk together with ¼ cup of water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Paste will thicken and become gloppy.
Slice and peel mango. Chop into cubes. Puree one cup of mango cubes in the food processor. Depending on the ripeness of your mango you may end up with a liquid texture, or a finely chopped texture. If you do not have a food processor, finely chop the mango.
Add whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk together to combine.
In a medium size bowl combine almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Whisk together to combine.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. It's okay if the batter is a little lumpy. Add chopped mango. Fold to combine.
Heat skillet to medium-high. Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in the pan. When skillet is warm, add ⅓ cup of batter. Using the back of the measuring cup evenly spread the batter. When the batter bubbles, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the pancake. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- For a light fluffy pancake allow the batter to sit for 10-15 minutes while pan is heating. The batter will fluff and bubble.
- Make sure skillet is heated before adding batter.
- Use a measuring cup to get even pancakes.
- Spread the batter on the skillet using the back of the measuring cup for even circles.
- Cook first side for 3-4 minutes or until batter bubbles and bottom is golden brown. Cook on the second side for 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 703mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 1mg