Vegan Broccoli Salad
Creamy and dairy-free this Vegan Broccoli Salad with onion, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds is a healthy take on the original. Perfect for picnics, a casual side dish at BBQs, and more!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Chop broccoli into small florets. Dice onion. In a large bowl combine broccoli, onion, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
Make the dressing. In a small bowl whisk together coconut milk yogurt, maple syrup, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, and white wine vinegar.
Pour yogurt dressing over broccoli. Fold until well combined and dressing covers all of the broccoli florets. Serve immediately or allow to marinate for an hour to meld the flavors together.
- It's easiest if you used pre trimmed broccoli. I cut the broccoli into even smaller florets to make them bite sized.
- Use a dairy free plain unsweetened yogurt for the dressing. You do not want a flavored yogurt.
- If you do not like raw broccoli blanch the broccoli first. Pat dry of an excess water before combining with the other ingredients.
- Blanch broccoli if you do not like it raw.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg