Italian Tomato Salad
This Italian Tomato Salad is an easy and refreshing. Perfect for picnics, light summer dinners, or anytime you crave the taste of sweet tomatoes and fresh basil.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Prep the produce. Slice cherry tomatoes in half, dice red onion, finely chop basil, mince garlic.
In a small bowl combine vegetable stock and white wine vinegar, set aside.
In a large bowl combine cherry tomatoes, red onion, basil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour vegetable stock and vinegar over top. Fold ingredients together.
You can serve immediately or allow to marinate for an hour before serving to allow the ingredients to meld together.
- Wash and prep all ingredients.
- Use fresh basil, not dried
- If you choose to use fresh oregano you'll need to use more than 1 tsp. I recommend using 2 teaspoons of fresh.
- Don't over salt. This can cause the tomatoes to get mushy too quickly.
- If you don't have vegetable stock use olive oil, or leave out all together.
- If you have time before serving I recommend allowing the salad to marinate for an hour to meld all the flavors together.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but tastes best eaten fresh the day you make it.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 477IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg