Lavash Wrap with Roasted Veggies
Assorted roasted vegetables with hummus, lettuce and tomato are wrapped in a a thin bread to create this irresistible Lavash Wrap Sandwich.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup hummus 1/4 cup for each sandwich
- 4 lavash bread
Preheat oven to 425 F. Cut bottom and top off eggplant. cut in half, and then cut into thin strips. Trim top and bottom of zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise, and the cut into quarters. Thinly slice red pepper. Place the vegetables in a single layer on two sheet pans lined with aluminum foil.
Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over top each sheet pan covered with vegetables. Sprinkle cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper over top the vegetables. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes at 425 F.
Spread hummus over top the lavash bread. Cover in lettuce. I used spring mix, but you can use spinach or any lettuce of your choosing. Thinly slice tomato and place two slices on each sandwich.
When roasted vegetables are ready place about 3 strips of eggplant. zucchini, and red pepper on each sandwich. Stuff with more or less vegetables depending on how much you like.
Place bread on aluminum foil. Fold top and bottom of bread over the veggies, then tightly roll using the aluminum foil to hold everything together. Cut in half, and serve!
- Don't stuff too many veggies in the sandwich as it will be challenging to roll the sandwich up.
- Use large whole wheat lavash or tortillas
- Roast vegetables until golden brown. Toss halfway through cooking time to ensure they cook evenly.
- Clean out the fridge and use whatever veggies you have on hand.
- Hummus and Baba Ganoush are my favorite spreads with this wrap sandwich.
- Use aluminum foil and/or parchment paper to hold your sandwich together.
- Assemble your sandwiches when you're ready to eat. They taste best when fresh.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 840mg | Potassium: 931mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1526IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 6mg