Vegan Mushroom Soup
Creamy and dairy free this Vegan Mushroom Soup is a quick and easy meal made with a few simple ingredients.
- 2 ¼ cups vegetable stock low-sodium
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 15 oz light coconut milk canned
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon corn starch optional
- 2 tablespoon water optional
Sauté diced onions in ¼ cup of vegetable stock for 5 minutes on medium heat or until translucent. Add minced garlic, and sauté for an additional minute. Add sliced mushrooms, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
Add 2 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add coconut milk. Stir to combine. Add thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
If you prefer a thicker soup, combine 2 tablespoon of corn starch with 2 tablespoon of water, whisk together to create a paste. Add to soup stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- Use pre-sliced mushrooms to save time on chopping.
- I used Mini Bellas, but you can use whatever mushrooms your prefer or a combination of different types.
- Chop mushrooms into finer pieces if you prefer a finer dice.
- Use Light Coconut Milk to reduce fat and calories.
- Taste before adding salt.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg