Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
With 10 minutes of prep and 5 minutes of cook time you'll have a healthy, satisfying Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili. It's an easy weeknight meal you'll come back to again and again.
- 3 diced green pepper zucchini
- 28 ounces can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cubed sweet potatoes about 2
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 28 ounces black beans 2, 14 oz cans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¾ cup water of vegetable stock optional
- diced avocado optional
- cilantro optional
Dice onion, peppers (or zucchini), and sweet potatoes.
Add onions, garlic, peppers, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder and oregano to your Instant Pot (I used a 6 qt. ) Optional: Add ¾ cup of water or vegetable stock. When all ingredients are added it will look like there's not enough liquid. More water will be released by the vegetables as they cook or you can add the water or vegetable stock.
Secure the lid. Set Instant Pot to Meat/Stew High for 5 minutes closed valve.
When the time is up use the Quick Pressure Release Method.
Serve with diced avocado, a dollop of guacamole or finely chopped cilantro.
Note: Nutrition information does not include avocado.
- If you decide to use the Bean/Chili setting cook for 10 minutes.
- If you use the Soup/Broth Setting, also cook for 10 minutes.
- When using the Meat/Stew option as per this recipe you only need to set the cooking time for 5 minutes.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 814mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7524IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg