These Vegan Snickerdoodles are soft and chewy. Made in one bowl, and no chill time they're an easy and quick cookie!
Servings: 18 cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup pure organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flax
- 2 ½ tbsp water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp pure organic cane sugar
Preheat oven to 375 F. Make flax egg. In a small bowl combine flax and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Cream room temperature vegan butter, and sugar using a hand or stand mixer for about 2 minutes or until creamy. Beat in flax egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
In a small bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in three parts beating on low speed until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl to incorporate. Dough will be thick.
In a small bowl combine cinnamon and 3 tbsp of cane sugar.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar coating, and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Gently using the back of a spoon flatten the cookies a little bit right after you take them out of the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure vegan butter is softened at room temperature but not melted.
- If you don't have flax, sub for ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce, or ¼ cup of dairy free milk.
- To make these gluten-free use a gluten-free 1:1 flour blend.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg