Vegan Coffee Cake
Whole food plant-based ingredients combine to create an out of this world Vegan Coffee Cake with Apple Cinnamon Streusel topping. Moist, light, fluffy, totally indulgent and healthy too!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp dairy free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup date sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp raw almond butter
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a medium bowl.
Combine wet ingredients (almond milk, dairy free yogurt, vinegar, coconut sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract). Whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Batter will be thin. Pour into 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper.
In a separate bowl combine almond flour, ground dates, salt and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Add applesauce and almond butter. Incorporate with hands until you get a crumbly consistency.
Evenly spread streusel overtop. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 F.
Allow to cool. Carefully lift from ban and cut into 9 pieces. Enjoy!
- You can use white flour and it will still be vegan but not whole food plant-based.
- Use apple cider or white vinegar. I prefer apple cider vinegar.
- To make this recipe gluten-free sub whole wheat flour for 1:1 gluten-free flour.
- I use enough parchment paper on either side so that I can easily lift the coffee cake out of the pan to transfer it onto a serving tray.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1mg