Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
These Air Fryer Zucchini Chips come out perfectly crispy made with a combination of almond flour, whole wheat breadcrumbs, and a flax egg wash. They're a healthy flavorful snack or appetizer!
- 2 zucchini sliced into rounds
- ½ cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- ¼ cup water
Thinly slice zucchini using a mandoline or knife. Using a mandoline ensures you get a thin even cut. Place zucchini slices on top of dish towel. Sprinkle with salt. Cover with another dish towel, and then place a heavy pan on top. Press for 15 minutes. (This will extract some of the moisture from the zucchini and will help them come out of the air fryer nice and crispy.)
Combine ground flax and water whisking together until combined. Allow to sit for 5 minutes or until it thickens. Transfer to shallow bowl.
In a shallow bowl combine Panko breadcrumbs, almond flour, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt and pepper.
Dredge zucchini in flax egg ensuring it is completely covered on all sides.
Transfer to breadcrumb bowl and cover on all sides.
Place in air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd or overlap. Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes turning at the 5 minute mark. Cook in batches. While one batch is baking, prepare the zucchini for the next batch.
- Cut the rounded ends of the zucchini off and cut into thin rounds.
- Press the excess water from the zucchini chips using the towel method. Skipping this step could result in soggy chips.
- Use a mandoline for thin even slices.
- You can sub ground chia seeds for flax seeds or use an unsweetened dairy free milk.
- Do not overcrowd the zucchini in the air fryer. Place zucchini in an even layer without overlapping.
- Prepare the chips in batches. While one batch is baking, dredge and bread the next batch.
- Eat the chips warm straight out of the air fryer. They taste best and stay the crispiest when they're fresh!
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2mg