Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup
A creamy vegan tomato soup bursting with fresh flavors and spices, and coconut milk for creaminess. With a handful of pantry and fresh ingredients you'll have a homemade tomato soup in minutes!
- 30 oz fire roasted tomatoes 2 15 oz cans
- 15 oz diced tomatoes 1 15 oz can
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- fresh basil
- whole wheat croutons
Sauté onions in ¼ cup of vegetable stock until translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté an additional minute or two.
Add 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, and one can of diced tomatoes. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
Add oregano, basil, coconut sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Stir in coconut milk.
Using an immersion blender or stand blender, blend until a creamy texture is reached. If using a stand blender transfer small batches and blend a little at a time. Do not fill the soup to the top!
Nutrition facts are calculated without croutons.
- Find low sodium or no salt added tomatoes and vegetable stock to reduce the overall sodium content.
- Using a stand mixer is easier to get the best creamy consistency. An immersion blender also works, but is a bit messy, and will take more time.
- If using a stand mixer fill about halfway with soup. Blend until smooth, transfer to another container, and repeat until all soup is blended.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 566mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1006IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 3mg