No-Bake Vegan Snowball Cookies
These no-bake vegan snowball cookies made with almond flour, and sugar-free coconut flakes are a healthy winter treat that are also paleo and gluten-free. They really hit the spot after you come inside from an afternoon of building a snowman!
- 1 cup blanched almond four
- 1 1/4 cup desiccated coconut shredded, dried, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Combine almond flour, 1 cup of coconut, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Dough will be crumbly, but able to stick together when patted down.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough using a cookie scoop for even results. Roll into 12-14 balls.
Place reserved 1/4 cup of coconut into a small bowl. Roll each ball in coconut pressing gently to help the coconut stick to the outer edge. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving for a firmer texture.
- Use Blanched Almond Flour-It has a finer more delicate texture that works best for no-bake cookies.
- Use Pure Organic Maple Syrup-It's an all natural sweetener that's often used in whole food plant-based baking. While the sugar content is the same as regular white sugar, it's not as processed and you can be assured it's vegan. Refined white sugar has been known to have bone char unless you purchase organic, or the sugar specifies it's vegan.
- Use a Cookie Scoop-I love my cookie scoop. I use it every time I make both no-bake and traditional cookies. It helps me get evenly round cookies.
- Refrigerate-You can refrigerate the cookies before serving them to help them become firm. Store snowball cookies in the refrigerator.