Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
A refreshing and light salad made with cucumber, tomato, parsley, and mint. Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo friendly, this salad is excellent to bring as a dish to pass at a picnic or as a complimentary side dish to a heavier main course.
- 1 small white onion
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 large tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice about 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Dice onion, and allow to soak in white vinegar for a minimum of 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Dice the cucumber, and tomatoes. Chop the mint and the parsley. Gently fold the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Pour dressing over vegetables. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for an hour before serving.
Tips for Making Mediterranean Salad
- Preparing in Advance-Leave the dressing off, and dress the salad before serving.
- Serving a Large Crowd-If you have a larger crowd, or you're bringing this salad as a dish to pass at a picnic or party, you can double the amounts to serve up to 12 people.
- Allow the salad to marinate for an hour before serving for the best flavor. Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
- This salad is best when consumed the day it is prepared. Chopped cucumber can get soggy if left overnight, especially if it is dressed.
Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1316IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg