Vegan Stew with Chunky Vegetables
This thick and hearty vegan stew is chock full of chunky vegetables! It's a simple recipe that comes together quickly with a flavorful gravy that tastes like it's been simmering for hours.
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced into large chunks
- 2-3 large Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled and diced into large chunks
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley optional for garnish
In a large soup pot over medium heat add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, diced onions, and minced garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, vegetable stock, tomato paste parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, sea salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in peas and green beans. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley.
Tips for Making Vegan Stew
- Prepare all of your vegetables before starting the stew.
- For a thicker gravy, add 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Get creative with the vegetables you add! This soup would be fantastic with leeks, celery, turnips, rutabaga, and other sturdy vegetables!
- Double the recipe and store half in the freezer for an easy weeknight meal!
- Keep in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, or freeze for 2-3 months.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1651mg | Potassium: 975mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6270IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg