Air Fryer Waffle Fries
Air fryer waffle fries are simple to prepare and family friendly! It only takes about 10 minutes time to turn frozen waffle fries into a crunchy and crispy delightfully delicious side dish or snack!
- 1 lb frozen waffle fries
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Add the waffle fries to the air fryer basket. Spread them out evenly. They don't have to be in a single layer, but you also don't want to overcrowd the basket. For smaller air fryers (5 quarts or less), add no more than 1 pound of fries. For larger air fryers you can add more.
Turn your air fryer to 400°F. Turn the time to 10 minutes. Bake for 5 minutes, then shake the basket, return it to the air fryer, and bake for an additional 5 minutes. When you shake the basket half way through you'll get an idea if you need more or less time to cook your waffle fries evenly. If necessary, you can shake your basket multiple times to ensure your fries are evenly cooked.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, or season with salt and pepper if you prefer. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Frozen Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer
- Do not thaw the fries prior to air frying.
- Shake the fries half way through cooking time at about 5 minutes.
- Adjust the time based on the size of your air fryer and your model. Always refer to your owners manual for best estimate of time.
- If you are cooking several batches, or your air fryer is preheated then you will likely need less time for the fries to cook.
- Use high quality frozen waffle fries such as the Alexia brand. They are pre-seasoned, don't need anything added, and are non-GMO!
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg