Vegan Egg Wash
Are you a vegan baker? These 13 vegan egg wash options are easy and provide that special finishing touch to your vegan pastries!
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or other unsweetened dairy free milk
Add the maple syrup and almond milk to a small bowl.
Whisk together with a fork or small whisk.
Using a pastry brush, lightly coat your pastry.
Bake according to the recipe directions.
- If you are making a savory bake, refrain from using a substitute that uses a sweetener. Instead try melted coconut oil, or melted vegan butter.
- Using this egg wash substitute will result in browning more easily as the sugars heat more quickly in the oven.
- Use a pastry brush to gently apply.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg