Vegan Irish Stew
A thick and hearty vegan Irish stew with traditional flavors, that's so easy to make! It's the perfect meal for your St. Patrick's Day or any day you want a stick to your bones kind of meal!
- 3 1/4 cup vegetable stock divided
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 cup leeks cleaned and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 lb white potatoes cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Add 1/4 cup of vegetable stock to a pot on medium heat. Add chopped onions, cleaned and sliced leeks, and minced garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent about 3-5 minutes.
Add the flour. Stir to coat the onions and leeks. Cook for an additional minute.
Add 3 cups of vegetable stock to the pot. Scrape any bits off the bottom of the pot with your spoon.
Add chopped carrots, sliced potatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add frozen green beans, and red wine vinegar. Cook for an additional minute to defrost the green beans. Remove from heat and serve warm!
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Tastes even better the day after you prepare it.
- You can also freeze this recipe for 2-3 months.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 543mg | Potassium: 693mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5749IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg